The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users Only
Hey,

I am trying to get the some of the content on the index page for logged in users only and I am having difficulty. I have supplied a screen shot of the content I wish for only logged in users.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.
(10-10-2018, 03:27 AM)KyleJ1445566 Wrote: Hey,

I am trying to get the some of the content on the index page for logged in users only and I am having difficulty. I have supplied a screen shot of the content I wish for only logged in users.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

I'm not seeing a screenshot, but basically what you have to do is to wrap the two sections (logged in vs logged out) in this if/else statement

PHP Code:
if(isset($user) && $user->isLoggedIn()){

//this content is seen by logged in users
}else{
//this content is seen by logged out users.

I have attempted this and i am getting an error on line 45. I have enclosed the code below:

Code:
<div class="row">
<?php
// To generate a sample notification, uncomment the code below.
// It will do a notification everytime you refresh index.php.
// $msg = 'This is a sample notification! <a href="'.$us_url_root.'users/logout.php">Go to Logout Page</a>';
// $notifications->addNotification($msg, $user->data()->id);
?>

if(isset($user) && $user->isLoggedIn()){
//this content is seen by logged in users
<div class="col-md-6">
    <div class="panel panel-default">
        <div class="panel-heading"><strong>Step 1: Change your password!</strong></div>
        <div class="panel-body">You're going to login with the default username of <strong>admin</strong> and the default password of <strong>password</strong>.
        You can also login as a standard level user with the credentials of <strong>user</strong> and <strong>password</strong>.
        If you cannot login for some reason, edit the login.php file and uncomment out the lines<br> error_reporting(E_ALL);<br>
        ini_set('display_errors', 1);<br> to see if there are any errors in your server configuration.
        </div>
    </div><!-- /panel -->
</div><!-- /.col -->
<div class="col-md-6">
        <div class="panel-heading"><strong>Step 2: Change some settings</strong></div>
        <div class="panel-body">You want to go to the Admin Dashboard. From there you can personalize your settings.
        You can decide whether or not you want to use reCaptcha, force SSL, or mess with some CSS.
        </div>
    </div><!-- /panel -->
</div><!-- /.col -->
</div><!-- /.row -->

<div class="row">
<div class="col-md-6">
        <div class="panel-heading"><strong>Step 3: Explore</strong></div>
        <div class="panel-body">From the Admin Dashboard, you can go to Admin Permissions and add some new user levels.
        Then check out Admin Pages to decide which pages are private and which are public. Once you make a page private,
        you can decide how what level of access someone needs to access it.
        Any new pages you create in your site folder will automatically show up here.
        </div>
    </div><!-- /panel -->
</div><!-- /.col -->
<div class="col-md-6">
        <div class="panel-heading"><strong>Step 4: Check out the other resources</strong></div>
        <div class="panel-body">The users/blank_pages folder contains a blank version of this page and one with the sidebar
        included for your convenience. There are also special_blanks that you can drop into your site folder and load up to
        check out all the things you can do with Bootstrap.
        </div>
    </div><!-- /panel -->
</div><!-- /.col -->
</div><!-- /.row -->

<div class="row">
<div class="col-md-6">
        <div class="panel-heading"><strong>Step 5: Design and secure your own pages</strong></div>
        <div class="panel-body">Of course, using our blanks is the quickest way to get up and running,
        but you can also secure any page. Simply add this php code to the top of your page and it will
        perform a check to see if you've set any special permissions.<br/>
        require_once 'users/init.php';<br/>
        require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.'users/includes/header.php';<br/>
        require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.'users/includes/navigation.php';<br/>
          if (!securePage($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])){die();}
        </div>
    </div><!-- /panel -->
</div><!-- /.col -->
<div class="col-md-6">
        <div class="panel-heading"><strong>Step 6: Check out the forums and documentation at <a target="_blank" href="http://UserSpice.com">UserSpice.com</strong></a></div>
        <div class="panel-body">That's where the latest options are and you can find people willing to help.
        No account is required for browsing the forums, but you will need to sign up to be able to post.
        </div>
    </div><!-- /panel -->
</div><!-- /.col -->
</div><!-- /.row -->

<div class="row">
<div class="col-md-6">
        <div class="panel-heading"><strong>Step 7: Replace this ugly homepage with your own beautiful creation</strong></div>
        <div class="panel-body">Don't forget to swap out logo.png in the images folder with your own! If you're getting nagging
        message in the footer, <a href="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin#list">go get you some of your own reCAPTCHA keys</a>
        </div>
    </div><!-- /panel -->
</div><!-- /.col -->
<div class="col-md-6">
        <div class="panel-heading"><strong>Step 8: Avoid editing the UserSpice files</strong></div>
        <div class="panel-body">But what if you want to change the UserSpice files?
        We have a solution that lets you edit our files and still not break future upgrades.
        For instance, if you want to modify the account.php file... just copy our file into
        the "usersc" folder.  Then you can edit away and your file will be loaded instead of ours!
        </div>
    </div><!-- /panel -->
</div><!-- /.col -->
</div><!-- /.row -->

<div class="row">
<div class="col-xs-12">
    <div class="well"><p>UserSpice is built using <a href="http://getbootstrap.com/">Twitter's Bootstrap</a>,
    so it is fully responsive and there is tons of documentation. The look and the feel can be changed very easily. </p>
    <p>Consider checking out <a href="http://bootsnipp.com">Bootsnipp</a> to see all the widgets and tools you can
    easily drop into UserSpice to get your project off the ground.
    </div>
</div><!-- /.col -->
</div><!-- /.row -->

</div> <!-- /container -->

</div> <!-- /#page-wrapper -->
}else{
//this content is seen by logged out users.
}
?>

<!-- footers -->
<?php require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.'users/includes/page_footer.php'; // the final html footer copyright row + the external js calls ?>

<!-- Place any per-page javascript here -->

<?php require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.'users/includes/html_footer.php'; // currently just the closing /body and /html ?>
What error are you getting?
if(isset($user) && $user->isLoggedIn()){

You need to close your php tags before switching back to html

so 

if(isset($user) && $user->isLoggedIn()){ ?>
<div class = "row">
Other html here
<?php } //closing if statement ?>
Sorry for the late reply. I have now got it, thank you for helping. It is much appreciated.