The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sub domain hosted domain issue
I am a bit stuck here.

I have a US site installed at example.com/us. Fresh install no changes, it works fine when accessing it.  When I point a new domain to it through a hosted domain i get an error see below

Code:
Warning: require_once(/var/chroot/home/content/15/8893015/html/users/helpers/helpers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/15/8893015/html/dachi/users/init.php on line 23

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/chroot/home/content/15/8893015/html/users/helpers/helpers.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/15/8893015/html/dachi/users/init.php on line 23

You can see my directory "dachi" is missing in the first section. I have tried making some changes in z_us_root.php to insert my directory bbut nothing has worked. Any ideas?

I am using a shared host on godaddy and the new domain is a .app. SSL has not been setup yet.

i am using 4.3.25
(11-09-2018, 12:02 PM)ohiggins Wrote: I am a bit stuck here.

I have a US site installed at example.com/us. Fresh install no changes, it works fine when accessing it.  When I point a new domain to it through a hosted domain i get an error see below

Code:
Warning: require_once(/var/chroot/home/content/15/8893015/html/users/helpers/helpers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/15/8893015/html/dachi/users/init.php on line 23

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/chroot/home/content/15/8893015/html/users/helpers/helpers.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/15/8893015/html/dachi/users/init.php on line 23

You can see my directory "dachi" is missing in the first section. I have tried making some changes in z_us_root.php to insert my directory bbut nothing has worked. Any ideas?

I am using a shared host on godaddy and the new domain is a .app. SSL has not been setup yet.

i am using 4.3.25
Ahh.  Ok. So this is a server configuration issue.  I don't have a godaddy account to play with this.  When I do a subdomain, I usually do an "a record" in the domain that points to the ip address of the server and let the server tell it where to go once it gets there. 

How did you setup the subdomain? Was the domain purchase from godaddy also or is it from an outside source?

While I'm rambling out loud here, the problem is that with your domain misconfigured, it means that the 2 "anchor" variables are messed up.  

I went to one of my sites that is run on a subdomain and did  a var_dump of $abs_us_root and $us_url_root
I get 
string(24) "/var/www/vbc/public_html"
string(1) "/"

I'm kind of curious to know what happens if you define these variables manually in users/init.php
So change line 5 from $abs_us_root=$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
to 
$abs_us_root = '/var/chroot/home/content/15/8893015/html/dachi/';
You might have to redefine $us_url_root just above
require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.'users/helpers/helpers.php';

My guess is with a little bit of trial and error you can get around the subdomain thing and just set those urls in init and you'll be good to go.  Looking at the error messages should tell you where the link is wrong.
(11-09-2018, 08:35 PM)mudmin Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 12:02 PM)ohiggins Wrote: I am a bit stuck here.

Code:

i am using 4.3.25
Ahh.  Ok. So this is a server configuration issue.  I don't have a godaddy account to play with this.  When I do a subdomain, I usually do an "a record" in the domain that points to the ip address of the server and let the server tell it where to go once it gets there. 

How did you setup the subdomain? Was the domain purchase from godaddy also or is it from an outside source?

While I'm rambling out loud here, the problem is that with your domain misconfigured, it means that the 2 "anchor" variables are messed up.  

I went to one of my sites that is run on a subdomain and did  a var_dump of $abs_us_root and $us_url_root
I get 
string(24) "/var/www/vbc/public_html"
string(1) "/"

I'm kind of curious to know what happens if you define these variables manually in users/init.php
So change line 5 from $abs_us_root=$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
to 
$abs_us_root = '/var/chroot/home/content/15/8893015/html/dachi/';
You might have to redefine $us_url_root just above
require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.'users/helpers/helpers.php';

My guess is with a little bit of trial and error you can get around the subdomain thing and just set those urls in init and you'll be good to go.  Looking at the error messages should tell you where the link is wrong.

Thanks for all that. I tried your suggestion but had no luck it's quite odd. I have contacted GoDaddy but no luck as of yet. I even bought a new domain to test and its the same issue... I will keep trying...
For future refernce, if anyone stumbles across this issue the following worked;

Open users/init.php and add this
Code:
$abs_us_root=$abs_us_root."/dachi";

to line 22 with "/dachi", in this case, my subdirectory.

Thanks for guidance on this mudmin
Awesome. Glad it worked. I need to do some documentation on this, so I appreciate your help. Those two variables generally work great but some configurations can trip them up.