The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update path from 4.3.10 to 4.3.26
I didn't update my local UserSpice installation for some time and I'm still running 4.3.10 on a localhost here.

Is there a direct upgrade path to 4.3.26 or do I have to apply all 11 patches you published since that on updates page?

Thanks
(01-17-2019, 09:55 AM)gerald Wrote: I didn't update my local UserSpice installation for some time and I'm still running 4.3.10 on a localhost here.

Is there a direct upgrade path to 4.3.26 or do I have to apply all 11 patches you published since that on updates page?

Thanks

Have you edited any of the files in the users or usersc folder?
Yes, I have edited join.php, join2.php, admin_user.php and admin_users.php.
Oh. Fantastic. You know which files.

So copy those 4 files to usersc/ with the same filename.
download https://github.com/mudmin/UserSpice4/archive/master.zip
Unzip it. Delete the install folder, the root indext.php and users/init.php and copy everything into the users and usersc folder. Run update.php

Now, since the files you modified are older versions, there may be a few of the includes (especially on join) that you will have to update the path.
If you look at the new versions of those files, you'll see that they have a more dynamic path that will work regardless of where the file is placed.

I hope I'm making sense with that.

The one thing you'll definitely have to change on those 4 is the init file will have to be changed from 'init.php' to '../users/init.php'

If any of that doesn't make sense PLEASE let me know.

The other good thing is you won't have to worry about those files for future upgrades.
Thanks for your help mudmin.

After applying the suggested steps, the update looks quite ok. The only strange thing is this message in the admin dashboard which doesn't go away:

Quote:Warning! Your database is out of date. Please click here to get the latest update. Failure to do so, could cause system instability.

Any hints on what to do about that?

ps: As now the 4.4 branch is out, would the update to latest version work the same way?
There is potentially an update that is not applied in your database. Check users/includes/migrations.php to see which ones are not in the database.

The 4.4 version clears the update.php file.
(02-08-2019, 11:04 PM)Brandin Wrote: There is potentially an update that is not applied in your database. Check users/includes/migrations.php to see which ones are not in the database.

The 4.4 version clears the update.php file.

Thanks for the hint, I want to fix that before uprading to 4.4

Migrations array shows this:

PHP Code:
$migrations = array(
  '3GJYaKcqUtw7','2XQjsKYJAfn1','549DLFeHMNw7','69qa8h6E1bzG','3GJYaKcqUtz8',
  '4Dgt2XVjgz2x','VLBp32gTWvEo','1XdrInkjV86F','Q3KlhjdtxE5X','37wvsb5BzymK',
  'ug5D3pVrNvfS','69FbVbv4Jtrz','4A6BdJHyvP4a','c7tZQf926zKq','ockrg4eU33GP',
  'XX4zArPs4tor','pv7r2EHbVvhD','uNT7NpgcBDFD'
); 

How can I find out which updates are missing, and how do I apply them?
There's nothing really to fix. All the updates are cumulative and the migrations are in the database more as a convenience than a necessity. If you run the update.php that comes with 4.3.26, you'll get all the 4.3.x updates. Then when you go to 4.4, run the runme.php AND the update.php and you'll be good to go.