The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
user profile fields
Hi

I'm considering using UserSpice as the user logic in a project. My UseCase is targeted towards college students.

The project is to be a directory/profile kind of app where users signup/join, and modify the profile data. The user profile will have multiple fields. Since the target users are college students, the fields will look like the following:

-fname
-lname
-email
-zipcode
-State
-College
-Major/Dept
-Year (1st/2nd/3rd)
-ReferrerID
-JoinStatus
-dateJoin
-userID
-Etc...

Setting up the tables/schema would be trivial.

My issues/question, is how I might set up the logic to allow a user to be able to query the underlying db/tbls to then generate/display a list of users based on the different fields.

Should the app/logic have hardcoded query/sql where the input columns are defined?

The app would/might have a select page where each of the above fields maps to a select/input field in a "form". The user would be prompted to select any/all of the fields. A "default" value would be assigned to any field not selected by the user.

The app would then use ajax/async calls to then process the backend logic..

This approach would/should work with a single well defined/well checked/qualified query statement.

The resulting rows would then drive a paged set of rows for the user to view in the clientside app.

Does this make sense? Have I missed anything?

If anyone has any thoughts on this, feel free to post.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
user profile fields - by tmith - 04-05-2019, 01:42 PM
RE: user profile fields - by mudmin - 04-05-2019, 04:09 PM