The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Userspice conflict with template code
Hi, I am trying to set up a password protected area for an existing website which is built from a php bootstrap template.

There are several problems, but the first is the most puzzling.

I have managed to embed the US menu options as a topbar, with the normal site nav below it but, whilst the 'Login' and 'Register' links are live, the 'Help' dropdown doesn't drop down. (screenshot attached)

I suspect that it is something like a conflicting js call, or even the order in which they're called, but no amount of tinkering seems to affect the problem.

I'm coming back to this after a couple of months dealing with other clients. Does anyone have any clues?

Ideally, what I'd like is to be able to 'top and tail' all the UserSpice functionality without needing to tinker with the code as the client's site is long established.
Have I started in the wrong way and missed a really simple solution?

Thanks in advance.

***UPDATE***
I have narrowed the conflict down to the template's plugins.js...which is a bewilderingly huge file.
If I comment it out, the US dropdown works a treat. Still no idea how to fix it though, as I can't make the site work without the functionality that the plugin brings.
Unfortunately given its a file on your side causing the problem-there isn't much we can do here to help, sorry.
Thanks Brandin. I stripped it all back in the end and started with a brand new install. It doesn't seem to be a problem now.