The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email sending
Any thoughts on why most of the emails I send from email_test.php are not reaching their destination?  Sending via gmail per recommendation.  It gets reported as success every time, but it only seems to be reaching my yahoo account email address... not my gmail address and not a couple of my friends accounts.  Nothing in spam or anything like that.
Two things:
1) make sure you are using isSMTP()
2) Are you getting any mail errors? If so, change the debug level so you can find out what they are

It is odd if sending from a gmail to a gmail and its not working...
(09-11-2018, 03:27 PM)Brandin Wrote: Two things:
1) make sure you are using isSMTP()
2) Are you getting any mail errors? If so, change the debug level so you can find out what they are

It is odd if sending from a gmail to a gmail and its not working...

I was not getting any errors and had debug on.

I was not using isSMTP

With isSMTP set to yes google is rejecting me and they sent me emails indicating sign on attempt was blocked because the 'device' did not meet security standards.  See below.... 

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Less secure app blocked[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Google blocked the app you were trying to use because it doesn't meet our security standards.
Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks.
[/color]

Have others that use gmail for sending had to open it to "less secure apps" to make it work? Or is there something about my setup?
What security encryption are you using? Should be using SSL or TLS.

Otherwise you can enable Less Secure Apps in the account.

The reason you were not getting any errors in the beginning was because it was using the PHP Mailer and that does not always work well especially with Gmail.

Brandin.
so yeah, turns out you just have to allow less secure apps when sending through gmail and thats what everyone does... should have looked online before posting. Thanks for your time.

Side note gmail is pretty awesome in that they allow you to setup receiving other accounts you own and sending as other accounts you own. So like I have mydomain@gmail.com setup to also receive support@mydomain.com and chris@mydomain.com and I can send as any of those 3. And as long as you get that setup and verified, you can send via smtp.gmail.com with any one of those as the sender address. So I have my US configured to use my mydomain@gmail.com account to send through smtp.gmail.com as support@mydomain.com. Pretty cool. Only downside of using gmail is they limit you to 100 to 150 emails per day. If I get to a point where I have that many new users a day it will be a welcomed problem to have to solve.
Thats interesting about their limit-I didn't know about that! Thanks for passing that info along
Is that limit confirmed? I'm sure I've sent way more than that per day without being affected. Is it new?

And anecdotally, I've also had a problem sending from Gmail to Yahoo mail in the past. No idea why, but out of a group of admins on a forward group, everyone would get a mail except the one bloke on Yahoo.
(10-08-2018, 12:15 PM)jtullett Wrote: Is that limit confirmed? I'm sure I've sent way more than that per day without being affected. Is it new?

And anecdotally, I've also had a problem sending from Gmail to Yahoo mail in the past. No idea why, but out of a group of admins on a forward group, everyone would get a mail except the one bloke on Yahoo.

The limit is documented in places but I don't know how/if they actually enforce it.  Would be nice to know for sure.
I personally don't think I've ever even reached that amount of emails per day so I can't advise. An article I found talks about 500.
https://group-mail.com/sending-email/ema...d-options/

Thank you,
Brandin.