The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customizing files
Hi everyone,
Just new to US and happy so far.
Some questions about editing files as the documentation is not 100% clear on this:

1. I understand I have to copy a file into the usersc folder in order to edit it. Does this count for files in the root folder as well (eg. index.php?), or is it just for files in the users folder?
2. If I copy eg. users/admin_user.php into the usersc folder, will the navigation to that page automatically redirect to the custom file in the usersc folder?
3. Does the entire users folder need to stay unedited? i.e. if I want to edit any of the files (even the ones in the api folder), would I have to copy them into the usersc folder and edit them there?

Cheers,
Rob
Hi Rob,
Thanks for asking this BEFORE you edit Smile

You're free to edit files in the root folder. Just be careful with that z root file. There are special instructions for editing that.
Yep. The navigation will be auto updated to use the usersc.
As far as editing the API folder, I would consider that just a "be careful." When you do updates, just take a look to make sure we didn't edit a file in there. Of course, a lot of this would depend on what you are trying to change.

My rule of thumb would be this. If you're trying to change the way userspice itself behaves, then by all means, probably change the api file.
If you're only needing the change for pages that you make on your own, personally, I would include a second version of the api in usersc or anywhere else. This way, you have total control of versions and you don't have to worry about breaking userspice.