The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Admin group, user blocked when updating user
Hi there,

I've created another group called "Junior Admins".

I've added a test user to this group, but every time the test user attempts to edit a standard user, they are blocked!! 

I've tested various different permissions, even adding EVERYTHING to this new permission group, and they still get blocked.

Have I missed something?

Cheers,
Jamie
Figured it out:

I am using hasPerm to "hide" some of the fields the junior admins can edit, but because the validation was still happening, I think it was blocking the user each time they updated it.

I've added hasPerm to all of the validation logic that involves the "hidden" fields, and it is now working :-)
Another thing to be considerate of, is there is a built in Protected Profile feature that anyone outside of the Master Account array cannot edit profiles that are protected, or are within the master account array. Protected can be toggled in the top right of admin_user.php by someone in the master account array only.