The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable To Register On New Install
That's a strange message since I can't find it in the source code. Can you take a screen shot of the error and post it somewhere?
I've got something better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFwz0AOl...e=youtu.be
I'm sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I've been sick and Brian has been out of commission for the past few days. I'm looking into this now.
Just for future reference, I'm helping Killroy diagnose his problem, but he's not on nginx like the other two users. He's on WAMP. I'll try to reach out to you guys and see if we can figure something out.
Brian did some serious work to get these incompatibilities fixed. If you posted above in the forum with nginx compatiblity issues, I emailed you a link to Alpha 4 which SHOULD fix it. I'd love to hear back from you to find out if it did.
Hi,
I ran into a similar problem, getting the error message "There was a problem creating an account.", while trying to register, which did not work. But my settings where different to those above, maybe this helps to find the problem. I installed UserSpice freshly on a Linux Apache server. Using this fresh install everything works great, I can register users, fine. Now I copied another UserSpice system (same version) from another server to this server and adopted the init.php to the new settings on this new server, which are essentially the GLOBALS, mysql, username, password, db. Everything works great, but only the registration does not work and produces the error from above. Any ideas? Thanks. Sebastian
The registration process is trickier than you think it would be. Is the one you copied to the new server modified in any way? I'm also wondering what would happen if you did a fresh install on that second server and then just moved the database from server 1 to server 2.

I just got home from being a gone for the better part of 2 months, so I should be more helpful going forward.

One more question, is that new server a "live" server like dreahost or hostgator?
Yes, I did some modifications on the one I copied, like adding registration fields. The servers are real linux machines running apache. The whole thing is not a big problem, I can just use the fresh install, which is working fine. However, I'm wondering why copying shows up these issues.
It shouldn't show those problems. I am just catching up from being gone for a long time, but I will definitely try to duplicate your situation. I wonder if anyone else in the forums has moved their install recently.
Thanks. I will also try it again, maybe the error is on my side doing something really stupid without realising it.