The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UserSpice Stable (Standard?) and UserSpice Pro
Hello all,

Apologies for the delay in replying, I decided to finally migrate my PC to Windows10, but despite Microsofts assurances, it failed and rolled back - but at least my PC is still working! :-)

First off, Brian - no apologies, ok :-)

uspicef4n/mudmin, makes sense - my approach would be differ - I'm pretty sure it would work;

All users, admins or otherwise, will have the domain name attached to their user record etc, with the domain name being used as part of the authentication method - e.g. user or admin and correct domain means access to pages only on that domain?

thanks

Jamie
That makes perfect sense to me. Tying to a domain is just as easy as a domain id in some ways, the only thing I'd consider with using the id itself is that you may want to consider that in my company, we have email addresses with 4 different domains even though we are technically the same organization.

Secondly, if you create something like a company table in the database, your first column would/should be an autoincremented id. These are EXTREMELY useful for linking other things together and userspice has tools built in to take advantage of ids that would get a little goofy if you tried to do some of the same things with arbitrary text.

Just a thought.

Carry on. We're here to help if you need it.