The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UserSpice 3.0.2 Released
Ahhhhhhhh. Now that I see the original code on my system, I originally converted that function to bcrypt and then when I was going back later I looked at that and thought it was a different hashing function. I was thinking it was the forgotten password token...not the actual token. GREAT find blur, I really appreciate it. Problem fixed on my end. I will add that to 3.0.3 and give you credit!
I should have this fixed today...thanks to the help of blur and the others. It has been a real struggle to keep the headers from breaking things and is even more of a struggle in the version 3.5 I'm working on, but we'll get this!
I'll just say that so much of this is legacy code... I didn't write the original, so that definitely makes it easier to miss some of the implications of moving some code around. My basic goals of the projects were:
Make version 2.5 be a drag and drop over UserCake to add design and security.
Make version 3.0 be a much better version of the same codebase.
Make version 3.5 get out of the way where all of these files aren't strewn all over your code so you can get on with building your actual project.
Make version 4.0 the version that someone would write if they started this project in 2016 instead of 2010 or whenever.

I believe as a community we can make this happen and I really want to thank you all for your help! If I forget to give you credit in the changelog, please let me know!
Sorry for blowing up the forum, but if the people that are having the error can confirm that they are using version 3.0.2, that would be a huge help. I have downloaded and installed UserSpice 3.0.2 off of the website and installed fresh and am not getting the same errors.
@mudmin - Yes, I am using 3.0.2. It happens right after logging in. I will try to install from scratch and double check that that's what's happening.
@mudmin - Just to confirm, this runs on PHP 5.5 and above? I just installed a new one on a PHP 5.4 server and it fails on password_hash function and can't create the first user. Please note this is different issue than the header() problem, though. I will have to test on the same server as the original one (PHP 5.5). But I'm out of time today.

@aliahjn – This might be the problem you are running into. Is your server running PHP 5.5? So sorry for the confusion!
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that you need PHP version 5.5 to use bcrypt's password hashing feature. I never even thought of that.

Just to be clear to everyone, I built this on an xampp server using php 5.6.14

I'll try it on a few other servers to see if I can replicate your issues and I will make note of the system requirements. Thanks so much for helping me track this down!
@mudmin - I'm using PHP Version 5.3.29 and my local server using php version 5.6.14. Thats why I can create user without any problem using local server.
@mudmin - You are correct about needing PHP 5 >= 5.5.0 PHP.net - password_hash

I need to update my Requirement also. lol

Also I fixed the Header issue on UAP by adding the following to my header file:
Code:
ob_start();
You want it to be one of the first commands within your build.
Yeah. I really want to go back and test how far back one can go, but right now, I think running a later version of php on your server might be the best bet. I'll definitely be working on this.