The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UserSpice 4.1 OFFICIAL Released!!!!!!
Download it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alpha 4 was close enough to beta which is close enough to the actual release version that I will release an upgrade tool.

An upgrade tool from 4.0 will be released in the "near future." There are major changes going from 4.0 to 4.1 so there will be a little bit of pain involved if you've modified the UserSpice core (against our advice) but it will be worth it.

Hopefully a tool will take you all the way from UserCake 2.02 through 4.1.

Please note, UserSpice 4.1 will be a long term "stable" release. It's something you can build your project off of and know that we aren't going to muck around with it except to patch bugs and fix security issues.

Once everything is fully stable, we will offer a "fresh" release geared towards people who like to tinker.
Hello all,

I've just gone to download UserSpice 4.1, but my McAfee antivirus warns me off? Any ideas why?

Please see below;

[Image: Userspice-danger.png]

Many thanks

Regards

Jamie
We get that all the time when we put up a new file. I sent it to Virustotal.com and the only thing that came up was some webshell thing on 1 of 56 virus scanners. It's a pretty common false positive.

The gist of what's going on is that every time we change the contents of that link (the download link) the virus scanners assume there's some man in the middle that's infected the file.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/79c99...464066696/
I can push the code to github if you'd like me to and you can see all the differences between the final release and the alpha you've been using.
Hello,

Thanks for replying so quickly and for the info attached. As you say, virus total says all is fine, even by McAfee, which is installed on my PC and complaining.

I didn't download the alpha release as I was waiting for the final release before installing.

Regards

Jamie
This is going to be the regular. Pro will split off when we have something cool to add!

Btw, I am uploading these files a few at a time to virus total to try to figure out which one mcaffee is griping about. So far nothing.
BTW, the BKAV anti virus that comes up with the false positive on virus total is a Vietnamese virus scanner. I uploaded some other reputable php scripts to them and it flagged most of them. I feel pretty confident we're good. Again, I'll push out the line by line code changes ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.
Hi,

I will contact McAfee to see what is causing the false positive :-)

Regards

Jamie
Did you ever hear anything?
Hi Dan,

No, nothing back from McAfee - I have downloaded the 4.1 release and done a manual scan of the UserSpice41.zip with McAfee virus scan and no problems reported. McAfee WebAdvisor originally reported the problem on download and it still does. As mudmin suggests, almost certainly a false positive.

thanks

Jamie