The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First tests
Hi,

first of all I would like to say thanks to this great work. Yesterday I watched the videos, installed UserSpice and did some first tests. Great. However, I found that it is possible to register two users with identical usernames. Thus I edited join.php and added "'unique' => 'users'," to the username array. Works fine. Later I noticed that the Number of Logins are not counting up. So I had a look into User.php and found two functions, "login" and "loginEmail", whereas the "login" Function does the counting, while the "loginEmail" Function does not. Looking into login.php I found that the Function "loginEmail" is actually used, hence no counting. Thus I changed "loginEmail" to "login" in login.php and it works like a charm.

So what I don't really understand is, why do you have these two functions there, which are quite similar? Is there a principle difference in either checking the username or the email? Was the counting within the "loginEmail" Function just forgotten or is there a reason?

Cheers,
Sebastian
The loginemail was just for development purposes... it kind of got abandoned...until we realized that it worked. I think I was so happy it worked that I never went back and either merged it or modified it.

We are just releasing 4.1.1 with some of the other bug fixes and we'll get that rolled out in 4.1.2. It will be a simple upgrade, but obviously you've done that manually! Thanks so much for the info!
Hi,

thanks for the answer. I will continue testing, maybe we will implement UserSpice for a nice science application.

Cheers
That would be awesome! I'd love to see what you make with it.

We're working on those changes now. I just posted a "sticky" message at the top of the forums. Hopefully a patch will be out tonight.