The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems after update
Hey all, after updating to current version the system shows strange descriptions in the navigation - pls see attached. Thansk for checking and advise.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It looks like you don't have a language set for some reason. Did you run users/update.php? If so, ignore those menu things and login once as admin anyway. You should be able to go to the settings on the dashboard (general settings) and on the bottom right, set the language. Even set it to Canadian and back to English and see if that fixes your problem. If that doesn't work, double check to make sure you have your language in the users/lang folder

Sorry for the slow response.
(05-03-2019, 10:54 AM)mudmin Wrote: It looks like you don't have a language set for some reason.  Did you run users/update.php?  If so, ignore those menu things and login once as admin anyway. You should be able to go to the settings on the dashboard (general settings) and on the bottom right, set the language.  Even set it to Canadian and back to English and see if that fixes your problem.  If that doesn't work, double check to make sure you have your language in the users/lang folder

Sorry for the slow response.

thanks for your help but this doesnt solve the problem. Hv followed your instructions and set lang to ca and back to en us - also checked the user/lang folder (pls see attachment) but still it shows the dbl brackets. And yes i did run the update but had some file errors so had to manually upload patches and tried again. It might have something to do with it - but i cant say. Generally all runs fine but the updates are sometimes a bit tricky. However - i hope this could be solved. Thanks for all your hard work - really love US and its overall quality! cheers -d

i have same issue..
on default userspice pages all menu works fine and pages outside of userspice menu broken
see image

ok::

The header.php and navigation.php includes to:
require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.'users/includes/template/prep.php';

this is fixes all issues with menu !

(05-10-2019, 02:08 AM)maxikz Wrote: i have same issue..
on default userspice pages all menu works fine and pages outside of userspice menu broken
see image

ok::

The header.php and navigation.php includes to:

this is fixes all issues with menu !

Thks but not sure if this is a workaround only or a supported solution ?
That is a permanent solution. Sorry. Do you know what version you originally created your project with?
(05-19-2019, 12:22 AM)mudmin Wrote: That is a permanent solution. Sorry. Do you know what version you originally created your project with?

If i am not toally wrong i found US first in version 3.xx and than upgraded from there. but meantime I also had to remove it completle from the system and stated from scratch with version 4.0+ upgrading from there. So it might not have something to do with upgrades if this it what you are referring to?

Regarding below solution i am sorry not understanding this completly. Does it mean that i have to add

in header php and also in navigation php ?

Thanks for help! brgds d
You can get rid of other calls to the header and navigation and add that one line instead.
The "default" template should have compensated for it if you had those calls in there manually, but I guess it didn't.

If you want to share the code of a page that didn't work, I can take a look, but the preferred include now is to do init and template/prep at the top and that's it. This is all you really need for a blank page now (obviously you can edit the columns/divs.
https://pastebin.com/rXHYKxHU
(05-23-2019, 11:42 AM)mudmin Wrote: You can get rid of other calls to the header and navigation and add that one line instead.  
The "default" template should have compensated for it if you had those calls in there manually, but I guess it didn't.

If you want to share the code of a page that didn't work, I can take a look, but the preferred include now is to do init and template/prep at the top and that's it.  This is all you really need for a blank page now (obviously you can edit the columns/divs.
https://pastebin.com/rXHYKxHU

Tried all recommendations but problem still there.
amended header.php and navigation.php without success also. Pls see enclosure.

Hi all, any news in the meantime? Thanks a lot.