The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser warning "This site uses a deprecated version of TLS..."
I upgraded to version 4.4.11 from 4.409 and now I'm noticing that the browser gives the following message numerous times in the console on every page:
"This site uses a deprecated version of TLS that will be disabled in March 2020. Please upgrade to TLS 1.2 or 1.3."

My site is hosted at godaddy.com. I investigated the possible causes of this message and thought maybe it was my my hosting package. I ran godaddy's ssl certificate checker and it says the TLS versions available are TLSv1. So, I spent nearly an hour on the phone with godaddy support and they finally just said it was my code not the server and that the reference to TLSv1 on the cert checker covered all the 1.x versions. I suspect this is not correct.

Next, I ran phpinfo and it shows this:
"Registered Stream Socket Transports = tcp, udp, ssl, sslv3, tls, tlsv1.0, tlsv1.1, tlsv1.2".

Checking the page info through the browser after I've logged in says I'm only using (TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, 256 bit keys, TLS 1.0).

At this point I'm at a loss as to what I need to do to figure out what the problem is. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
That is absolutely a server problem. Are you using some kind of VPS or is it a shared server?
(05-20-2019, 05:00 PM)mudmin Wrote: That is absolutely a server problem. Are you using some kind of VPS or is it a shared server?

Shared server.
This is definitely due to the server you are being hosted on and is not related to the code. The only reason it would be coming up is you commonly force SSL with UserSpice so it would be easy to notice these errors. You will need to get back with them to have them resolve the TLS issue.
(05-20-2019, 05:17 PM)Brandin Wrote: This is definitely due to the server you are being hosted on and is not related to the code. The only reason it would be coming up is you commonly force SSL with UserSpice so it would be easy to notice these errors. You will need to get back with them to have them resolve the TLS issue.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought. I think I now have a better idea of what's going on.