The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database connection unsuccessful
sudo apt-get install git

then git clone https://github.com/mudmin/UserSpice4.git

then sudo mv UserSpice4 /var/www/html

then navigate to your domain name/ip and add /UserSpice4/install/index.php

this i can do i assume you have a ssh connection to your serverhost

you may need sudo yum or what ever depending on your linux version for the install of git if it isnt already installed
using the native php installer included with userspice should work
You can do a manual install by overwriting your users/init.php with this file...
https://hastebin.com/focijevuga.xml

Then Edit it with your own db credentials at line 26. Then if you want to use recaptcha and change your copyright, you can do that there as well.

After that, go to install/install/includes/sql.sql and import that sql dump into your database.

Delete the entire install folder and you should be good to go. If you find any reason why it wasn't connecting on your server, I'm REALLY interested in knowing because I haven't seen that in a long time, but I have 2 people with similar issues.
I did as you instructed.

The database is created, but I now get this...

Warning: require_once(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/www/virtual/tpost/www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/users/init.php on line 64

Warning: require_once(/www/virtual/tpost/www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/users/classes/Upload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/virtual/tpost/www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/users/init.php on line 64

Warning: require_once(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/www/virtual/tpost/www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/users/init.php on line 64

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/www/virtual/tpost/www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/users/classes/Upload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/virtual/tpost/www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/users/init.php on line 64

http://www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/
Ok. Something is weird. TimeZone is being set on line 85 of the init.phpm not 64. See if your init.php looks like this or if you're missing a big chunk of it. Compare yours with the one I posted in the hastebin file above. If everything's good there...

Your server must be configured differently than pretty much any one I've come across. Here are some steps for you...

Open your server's php.ini and make sure there's not a semicolon (Winkphp ti in front of the date.timezone.
Code:
;date.timezone=Europe/Berlin

Go ahead and set your timezone in there while you're at it. Here are a list of the php timezones-click on your area to displa them.
http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

You can also try putting this (with your timezone) at the top of the init.php on line 3.
ini_alter('date.timezone','Asia/Calcutta');

Sorry about that. The time zone thing was a server wide issue probably caused by my host trying to get this script to work. That is fixed...However... i did still get this..

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/www/virtual/tpost/www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/users/classes/Upload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/virtual/tpost/www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/users/init.php on line 64

Not sure if that file is important, or what it does, but I removed the line from init.php and now just get this...

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2000] mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

http://www.ueproductions.com/datasnap/

I tried running a few commands on mysql but nothing seem to remedy this situation. Any ideas?
What version of php are you running? If anything just put a php file in your root with the code
Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
and save it as test.php

We're using the current PDO in userspice so something doesn't seem right. OH and sorry about the upload class. That was for another one of my projects and shouldn't have been in the pastebin I sent you.
PHP Version 5.6.16
you have the proper addons for php and mysql installed this seems like a linux product

you should at minium have
sudo apt-get install php5-mcrypt php5-gd php5-mysql php5-common php5-cli php5-fpm

also do a sys update /upgrade

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

then do an auto remove to remove unneeded kernels

audo apt-get autoremove

id also manually check that mysql is actually upto date

sudo apt-get install mysql-client mysql-server

note all the commands i list are for my versions of linux ubuntu server 14.04 and a debain 8 jessie w/ cinnamon installed to mirror commands from ubuntu Smile

im starting to wonder if this is not a physical incompatibility with the system its self not interacting correctly

also what webserver is your host running apache2 or nginx in my exp nginx is the least forgiving. most all of your desktop server programs for windows emulates apache

failing all this we can always try connecting to a database that isnt provided by your host

and mudmin i think ive tracked down that issue to just being the difference in how the webprogram serves the data up the data because apache 2 native will run php once php is installed how ever it appears nginx has to be configured to run php naturally.

this is an older post but it should still be relivent http://askubuntu.com/questions/134666/wh...p-on-nginx
I think this is an issue that your hosting provider might need to work on. I've never seen this, but in the reading I've done, it looks like your password was set using an old method when it was created on your hosting providor's side and php/mysql doesn't like it. You basically need to reset your password.

Here is an article. It shows what to do if you do have access to your server and if you don't.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15758...entication