The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UserSpice 4 Manual
Hi
Frist of all , I want to thank you for creating this wonderful programme. I'm beginner to this and I have watched your videos but those described the features in the earlier version. Can you tell me how can find a manual for 4.1???
I want to create pages with limited access, Navigation menu and also charts as describe in the video
Thank you
I'm glad that you have enjoyed it so far. My job was a bit crazy, but I am in the process of creating all new videos and documentation as well as offering some classes that take people through the entire process of building a project.

To create pages with limited access is pretty easy. That shouldn't have changed in between the videos and now. Navigation has changed a little bit. What are you trying to accomplish?
Hi Thanks for the quick reply. Actually I want to create simple system with several user levels. main navigation menu should be changed according to the user level. (Ex: Admin user can create new users to the system so admin user should have new user menu . District levels users should have access to district report menu) Further I like to create a dashboard with graphs and charts for each user as demonstrated in the video 3(I can't find the "models" folder and "chat page" in the 4.1 version )
I can provide more details if i can contact you in personal mail. you help is very much appreciated
Thanks
Ahh. Ok. Well changing the menu based on user level is super easy. There is a function in there (users/includes/navigation.php) called checkMenu.

When you go into the page on the dashboard to administer the permission levels, you'll notice that if you click on a level (ie Administrator) it has an ID. That id is what you need for the function. For example, there is a line of code that says...

Code:
<?php if (checkMenu(2,$user->data()->id)){

The 2 in there means Administrator. So only administrators can see the menu links between that line and the closing }

Regarding the graphs, yeah...the file structure has changed a lot since version 3. Hopefully it won't be changing anymore.
If you want to create your own panels to go into the control panel (including graphs), just create a file

Code:
usersc/includes/admin_panels.php

Note that's usersc not users and it will automatically be imported into your dashboard. The great thing about this is that you won't be affected by any updates (hopefully), so nothing should break.
Hi
Thanks again. I'll try to figure it out and let you know if I'm in trouble Smile
hope to see your new videos soon ..
cheers