The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
redirect to verify.php needs directory prepended
I am doing some non-standard stuff, but since UserSpice is designed as a sort of bookends that people can fill in the content in between I'm assuming this kind of non-standard stuff should get an error message...

In this case I am adding a user behind the scenes with just email, fname, lname and then the required (non-null) integers and dates. Then I come in and try to log in with "forgot password" and use the email address to get access. Everything looks really good (and it lets me reset the password perfectly) but then when I try to log in as that user it redirects me to verify.php (not users/verify.php) and I just keep getting a 404. Since the username or email or whatever is in my session now I can't go anywhere *except* verify.php which, of course, is just my 404.

The fact that verification has not been done and is being required is my application's problem. But the fact that I am being redirected to verify.php seems to be a UserSpice bug. I haven't tracked down where it's happening. If it comes from the fact that I moved my init.php into the root directory or something like that then please serve me up some humble pie and I'll take my medicine...
Ah, that's better. I reproduced the problem with "vanilla" functionality rather than doing something behind the scenes with the database.

I went in and registered as a new user. I did *not* use the verify link (i.e., I left the user unverified). Then I went as if to login and chose "forgot password", followed the resulting link, changed the password, and tried to login. I get the same 404 error resulting from trying to access verify.php instead of users/verify.php and I'm in the same fix of not being able to go anywhere because my session has that login in memory which doesn't work.