The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unable to edit username
When I go into user_settings.php on a user that has been created in a standard way (I even tried it on "user" to make sure I hadn't messed anything up) it appears to allow me to change the username and reports back to me that the username has been updated, but no change occurs in the database.

It may be that changes to username aren't supposed to happen, but in that case it shouldn't look like I can and tell me that I have... So either the underlying functionality should be fixed to make it work or the UI should be changed to make it obvious that this isn't allowed.
Looking through users/user_settings.php I see that line 69 has a specially commented suggestion for allowing/disallowing changing of usernames. It appears that line 69 was left as disallowing whereas line 228 allowed it to be changed from a UI perspective. Either line 69 should be uncommented or the input field in line 228 should be disabled.
I'm going to give you my official bug finder badge. I really appreciate it a ton.

By the way, the plan is to release all of these patches on Monday.
i caught that myself while rewriting my copy, i prefer not updating usernames & names so left commented out, i found adding disabled as an attr on the inputs works well, in my copy i was able to add the attr readonly="readonly" which meant you got no silly cursor
I think the readonly is the way to go. Note that admin can change a username if it's absolutely necessary when you click on that username in the admin panel.