The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nested groups, "permissions"->"groups"
I've submitted a pull request with a lot of changes over on github.

https://github.com/mudmin/UserSpice4/pull/4

Not sure how anxious you're going to be to go this route - it may be too much change or not enough backwards compatibility. I wanted to clean it up a bit as a good starting point for my next project which will make extensive use of groups elsewhere...

I do think it's worth looking through the changes in detail as I've got a lot of helpful re-factoring and some needed bug-fixes in there as well.
I guess that is on the 4.1.5 code?
Yes, based on 4.1.5 code.

At what point was US5 code taken off? I noticed that there were a lot of changes in 4.1.5 (moving hardcoded strings to lang(), etc.) that weren't put in US5 yet. Do you have some kind of process for porting fixes & improvements from the one to the other?
It was taken off 4.1.4b I believe...a bunch of bulk changes were made at that point that were US5 only, plus bugs/fixes were generally tracked and changed to make it "on par" with 4.1.5 functionally, but the code was and is still separate. In discussion with @mudmin, we expect to redirect our efforts to take advantage of the work you've done, and continue down the 4.1.x path instead of 4.2.

As mentioned elsewhere, we intend to focus our new developments on US5 rather than 4.2, or 4.1.x. Anything we can do to make this work will be considered.
One issue I personally have is that I don't have an immediate use for UserSpice, so I don't have any inspiration for changes moving forward without really stretching. These use cases you have presented are gold in my eyes because they solve real issues you've encountered with UserSpice.