The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh installation Error
I just downloaded and installed the newest version of US, and after installation and changing the admin information I cannot log in or do anything....
I just get a message like "Ooops! There was an error verifying your email address. Please click below to try again."
Any ideas ?

I was redirectet to : http://kpc-poker.de///userspice_kpc/users/verify.php

And the original Link is: http://kpc-poker.de/userspice_kpc

Hmm....well that's not good. If you can go into phpmyadmin into the users table and take your admin account, and set permissions to 1 , email verified = 1 , and active = 1

If that doesn't work, dump this patch as a php file in your root, run it, and it will fix it.

<?php
require_once 'users/init.php';
$fields = array(
'active' => 1,
'email_verified' => 1,
'permissions' = 1
);
$db->update('users',1,$fields);
bold("User account 1 SHOULD be unlocked now");
?>

From there, we can figure out your problem.
After your workaround, the login now works...

But what happen ? (For further questions...)
I'm not sure. Give me an idea of what you did.

So you installed UserSpice.
How did you change your login info? (through the normal form or some other way)
Had you already setup the email settings and requested email verification?

We can figure this out.

Also, I'm curious if you fixed it with phpmyadmin or the patch.
By the way, I'm going to make an account and test...don't freak out Smile
I don't see any issues with your setup, so it must be the way you changed your info or some sort of security thing for admins. Keep me posted.
Nevermind. I recreated the problem. Let me take a look.
Well... you found an actual bug. I fixed in in 4.1.7b, which can be downloaded here...
http://userspice.org/updates/

Just download and unzip it in your root and it will overwrite all the files.

Here is the changelog...
users/user_settings.php - A missing = sign was causing email addresses to become not verified even if email verification was turned off. This was a problem because if this happened, the user had no way to verify. Many thanks to Kighlander for finding this bug.
users/admin_users.php - Admins can now create usernames as short as two characters. I also added back the automatically generated profile for new users.
users/includes/user_spice_ver.php - Gives you peace of mind that your UserSpice is up to date.
thanks 4 testing...
I keep testing, too

thnx
I appreciate it. Let me know if you have any problems after you update to 4.1.7b