The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v.5 -- Didn't know where else to post this so...
Doh!!! Missed the missing "SELECT"....

I believe I've got this working now. I've...
* Added two columns to the "pages" table.
* Changed 4 files

Features...
* Displays breadcrumb trail.
* Admin can choose to show it or not in settings.

There's a bit of a remaining "to-do" on admin_page.php in my opinion. It would be nice to have a drop down menu of pages to make a certain page a parent/child of others.

Where do I get this to the powers that be for review? Smile
haha. You're right on. The parent child thing was happening in UserSpice 5 for sure. I do like your breadcrumb solution. Seems easy enough. Consider it done moving forward.
Wait... I mean that I already have it done and am happy to send along the files/adjustments needed so you can implement it. Where can I send it? Just email it maybe?
I will shoot you an email!
What are y'all thinking the breadcrumbs should look like? A scrolling list of pages according to the order they were accessed? Or a hierarchical list?

So if someone goes from HOME to ADMIN to ADMIN_GROUPS to ADMIN_GROUP?id=2 to ADMIN_GROUPS to ADMIN_GROUP?id=7

should the breadcrumb look like this:

home -> admin -> admin groups -> admin group (foo) -> admin groups -> admin group (bar)

and gradually scroll off the left?

Or should it look like this:

home -> admin -> admin groups -> admin group (bar)

What do you do if you got to "admin group (bar)" from somewhere besides "admin groups"?
What are y'all thinking the breadcrumbs should look like? A scrolling list of pages according to the order they were accessed? Or a hierarchical list?

So if someone goes from HOME to ADMIN to ADMIN_GROUPS to ADMIN_GROUP?id=2 to ADMIN_GROUPS to ADMIN_GROUP?id=7

should the breadcrumb look like this:

home -> admin -> admin groups -> admin group (foo) -> admin groups -> admin group (bar)

and gradually scroll off the left?

Or should it look like this:

home -> admin -> admin groups -> admin group (bar)

If the latter, what do you do if you got to "admin group (bar)" from somewhere besides "admin groups"? Say there's a list of groups in the admin_user script and you link from there to admin_group? Do you have to have multiple potential hierarchies? Or do you just prune a whole tree whenever you come back to the page which is the root of that tree?
I've actually already submitted a working structure and changes to Dan for this. Not sure if he's going to implement it in part or in whole, but the way I did it, I left the hierarchy to his/users discretion.
I got sidetracked with bugs, but I definitely liked your solution. It's going to happen. I should probably work with PLB on that to make sure we're using the same/similar solution in 4 and 5.
No problem.

One other thing I've been thinking about: How about adding this kind of thing --> http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2012/01/...th-jquery/

Maybe not that exactly, but something where a set of rules could be defined by the admin for password security, then they're automatically checked by javascript/AJAX as the user creates a password.

Thoughts?
I 100{3bc1fe685386cc4c3ab89a3f76566d8931e181ad17f08aed9ad73b30bf28114d} agree. That's always been on my wishlist. Now that 4.1 is pretty stable, I'll probably do that.