The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email in UserSpice 4.x
If you've ever tried to mess with sending emails from a server, it can be a royal pain in the butt. Things go to spam folders, they don't send and diagnosing your individual problems means digging through server logs and wondering if gmail is just throwing your emails away.

Enter SwiftMailer. Version 4.x is using SwiftMailer as the library to provide email functionality as opposed to the generic php sendmail feature.

Since SwiftMailer is just the library, we need a way to send the actual email. You could send it from your server itself, but that gets into a lot of the problems that we've already talked about. Obviously, I'm not taking this feature away, it will just need some configuration.

The preferred initial method to use for sending emails so far is Mailgun. You sign up for a free account. No credit card requires. You confirm your email and phone, setup some dns records, and you can send 10,000 emails per month for free.

If you need more than that, things like Mandril become cheaper.

I'm definitely open to discussion on this. What say you all?
Actually, I think I'm going to build in the options for mandril and mailgun but I figured out an easier way to get Swiftmail to work with generic server smtp mail. We'll see how that works for people. In my mind, it's best to get up and running quickly and go from there.
On an ordinary VPS type host, the php mail works as you'd expect - a bit spammy. Might be OK for some people.

To have some modern alternatives would be good.

I'm going to be as near to out of the box as possible, in conjunction with Amazon SES.
I've actually come up with a decent solution. I'm storing all the swiftmail configuration variables in the database so they can be edited by the end user. There will be a dropdown to choose which type of mail product you want to use and it will just map in the proper settings. I'm going to start with direct server mail, mailgun, and mandril and go from there.
hi! i have a prob. i am trying to add a gmail account to userspice. but i encounters with errors. i tried both "587" and "465" ports. whats the prob. u think. i think prob is about "ssl" or "tsl" settings. how can i manage to change these. thanks for replies...
Can you expand on "trying to add a gmail account"?
of course. in the admin panel section, i click manage e mail settings. i fill fields like the image.

http://prntscr.com/adao3s

then i click update e-mail setting and test settings. i write down a e-mail address and i encounter a error like this.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_TransportException' with message 'Expected response code 220 but got code "", with message ""' in D:\xampp\htdocs\ogrenci\users\vendor\swiftmailer\swiftmailer\lib\classes\Swift\Transport\AbstractSmtpTransport.php:383 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\ogrenci\users\vendor\swiftmailer\swiftmailer\lib\classes\Swift\Transport\AbstractSmtpTransport.php(289): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->_assertResponseCode('', Array) #1 D:\xampp\htdocs\ogrenci\users\vendor\swiftmailer\swiftmailer\lib\classes\Swift\Transport\AbstractSmtpTransport.php(117): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->_readGreeting() #2 D:\xampp\htdocs\ogrenci\users\vendor\swiftmailer\swiftmailer\lib\classes\Swift\Mailer.php(79): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start() #3 D:\xampp\htdocs\ogrenci\users\helpers\helpers.php(93): Swift_Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message)) #4 D:\xampp\htdocs\ogrenci\users\email_test.php(40): email('yrgbydll@gmail....', 'Testing Your Em...', 'This is the bod...') #5 {main} thrown in D:\xampp\htdocs\ogrenci\users\vendor\swiftmailer\swiftmailer\lib\classes\Swift\Transport\AbstractSmtpTransport.php on line 383
Here is a guide for swiftmailer with Gmail.http://symfony.com/doc/current/cookbook/email/gmail.html
That is what I don't really wants, good for me that I have this third party services that handles the same issues including direct mail services. I have been with http://www.digitekprinting.com/ for a long time and so far my satisfaction is really that comforts me.