The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displayed Username with Facebook-Login
Hey Community.

When you are using the facebook-login the username will automaticly the same as the email-adress. Is it possible to change the username ONCE A TIME, when a member has used the facebook-login ?

Greetinxx

Kighlander
Ahh. Let me see what I can do with that. I don't have a problem allowing people to change usernames. I just have to make something quick to double check that the username is not taken. I'll work on that.
Thanks...
For my site I NEED nicknames (usernames), but if they have chosen their name, it should not able to change again. (Maybe only by an admin Wink )

greetimxx

Kighlander
And, I forgot, there is one thing, what is unusual.

On my site I use recaptcha, BUT while login recaptcha is not nessesary.

Deleting the lines does not work, how is it implemented ?
That gives me the idea that maybe I should make a feature, change username, enabled, disabled, or once. Same for recaptcha. Enabled for signup, login or both. Interesting. Let me think through that.
For the recaptcha part, I made the option to have it enabled, disabled, or join only.
I created a way where usernames can be changed always or just once. This is coming out in version 4.2.1 today. I also made the echouser function dynamic so you can chose to show their names in multiple formats.
perfect...

I'm looking forward to it Wink
Hello !

I just updated my project to the newest version of US.

First, the option with reCaptcha works fine, but two other things are working not like they should.

Changing the diesplayed username (once or enabled) does not work.

And the redirect after a login (normal or with facebook, set in the dashboard) does not redirect to the location I entered there...

I should probably explain that changing the echosuer setting does work, but echouser has not been implemented throughout the code. It's just for your own use right now. I'll probably push it out to things like the header/account pages soon.

If your redirect after login isn't working in the dashboard (I need to check that), put where you want to redirect to in the usersc/scripts/custom_login_script.php and see if that works. All you have to do is put

Redirect::to('myredirectlocation'); obviously putting your redirect location in there.

I think what's going on is that Facebook and google do their own redirect that overrides ours.