The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropdown box auto populates other input fields - Help
Thanks... much appreciated...
I have to work on this for one of my scripts I am coding so I will see what I can figure out and I'll get back to you!
@Brandin Any Luck

@Muadmin - Do you have any ideas here?
I've been trying a couple things and figuring out what is going to work best. I am struggling to figure out the solution to populate one from another. It may be a few days before I figure something out, sorry.
you could use ajax for that, i use this for form submission but you could adapt it for use with on change, your php logic can go into a separate php file making sure to incl. init.php and $db = DB::getInstance();

<pre>
Code:
$('#form-id').submit(function(e){

e.preventDefault(); // Prevent Default Submission

$.ajax({
          url: 'path-to-php-file',
          type: 'POST',
          data: $(this).serialize(), // it will serialize the form data
          dataType: 'html'
        })

.done(function(data){ // If success display alert
           alert('Form Submit Successful ...');
        })

.fail(function(){ // If fail display alert
            alert('Form Submit Failed ...');
        });

});
</pre>

maybe that helps a little
I've definitely pulled my hair out on doing that sort of thing. A lot of it depends on HOW you are getting all the other options. I have a work order system that asks you to choose if the work order is for a building or vehicle. Then if you choose building it wants to know what section of the campus it's in. Then once you choose that, it gives you a list of the buildings in that area. My solution is a hack job but it works....

It's a lot of hiding and showing divs with js at the bottom.

https://hastebin.com/ifovujewey.xml
Mudmin, if you don't mind, can you throw me the structure of your tables related to this page? I want to play around with it a bit so I can modify it to my use!

Thank you!
I'll shoot you an email with the schema.