The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install is trying to kill me
Hi, using your product on a test site and it is trying to kill me I am sure of it /s

So most everything is working but the email function I cannot get it to email out because of the error

" Could not instantiate mail function. " there is nothing on this or other sites and I feel that I am missing something simple

HELP Please.

Thanks
We've all been there. Sorry about that! Are you trying gmail to start with? I think gmail seems like the best way to get started with doing mail from a server. The problem is that a lot of providers have been cracking down on spam, so if anything looks out of the ordinary, they will shut it down right away.

Try these instructions with a gmail account and see what happens...
https://userspice.com/forums/topic/email...#post-2483
[Image: muOSLk]

[Image: mWCF6Q]

This is the code that I am changing "$mail->isSMTP();"

At this time these are the errors that I am getting when I use Gmail.

If I use the service that is slated for the project, then if that line is enabled the server freezes and if it is disabled then I get the "Could not instantiate mail function." still.
Yes, you need to comment out that line.

https://userspice.com/forums/topic/gmail-smtp-mailer/

I'm not sure how to replicate it on the install, but hopefully this will help.

Thanks.
I had to uncomment that line and change the outgoing port to resolve the issue, But it is now working flawlessly thanks for the help.

The port change was a firewall issue not anything to do with the site.
Ahh. Awesome. Glad it's working! Thanks for posting back.