The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assigning my Guests User IDs
What's the downside of requiring everyone to register? Are your site visitors all company employees, or random/anonymous internet users? If possible all users should be required to have an account, even if it's just an OAuth login with Facebook, Google+, etc. A bonus of OAuth is that they don't need to worry about email validation and such, and can log in with just a couple clicks and giving out no extra information, but depending on what your site is used for this might not be an option either.
My concern is having users to login all the time - our employees are not all as tech savvy as we would wish. Is oAuth with Microsoft 365 an option? We use that for work.
I did a quick Google search and it looks like it's possible. I'm not familiar with Microsoft 365 so I can't say for certain, but I did see an Azure API that'll allow OAuth for it. Something to look into!
I will look into it - going to take some deep research for me though. I've never actually worked with OAuth other than just singing in and registering lol never actually coded/setup an OAuth.

I've thought several times about requiring everyone to login, but it makes it too exclusive in my opinion since not everyone needs all of the features of the system. When you are logged in, you can request changes, additions, send messages, have your own dashboard, etc, so some of the employees don't need/want this. Although I have functions to disable this, then they have to go through and enable/disable these manually.

I encourage and have most of the users registered, but there are several that are not, making up for about 35{3bc1fe685386cc4c3ab89a3f76566d8931e181ad17f08aed9ad73b30bf28114d} of my audit logs unfortunately. Of these 14500 audit logs - I don't have any way to track them down to a person per say, that's my struggle.

Everyone can visit landing.php
You can hit Guest Access and enter your name which redirects to index.php?marker=NAMEHERE and all logs have the user_id 30 (Guest Account)
Or you can login which just users your own user_id for all of the logs so I can track you!

So my thought is, if I have some kind of value I can insert the Guest Name and this value and why I am submitting logs, if !user->isLoggedIn() use this value in the audit logs, which I can use in turn to find the names of the people!

Maybe it would be EASIER to require logging in...and I might get to this point, but I would rather not if I can do the work on my own and not impact my users.
I caved and forced them to sign in! The transition wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

Thank you guys for all your help with this previously!
Haha, force those users to do your bidding!
I agree. If there's something they want/need, make them do the work!