The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UserSpice 3.0.1 Released! Bugfixes
### 3.0.1 - 2015-12-10
### Changed
- Fixed some bugs in the installer with thanks to Zach for the help
- Moved some code from db-settings.php back to config.php. There are now two config.php files (one is a class). That will change.
- Created documentation and a method for installing for users whose installation fails.
- Updated the install file slightly to explain the process a bit more. Full overhaul coming soon.
I installed US on my server and I like what you have so far.

Server is running Ubuntu 14.04 with up to date Apache, etc.

No errors thus far.

I did notice that you have not had a chance to update/style the success/error blocks. Here is the code I used to make them look pretty on my site. (funcs.php)

<pre>
Code:
//Displays error and success messages
function resultBlock($errors,$successes){
    //Error block
    if(count($errors) > 0)
    {
        echo "<div class='alert alert-danger alert-dismissible' role='alert'>
        <button type='button' class='close' data-dismiss='alert' aria-label='Close'><span aria-hidden='true'>&times;</span></button>
        <ul>";
        foreach($errors as $error)
        {
            echo "<li>".$error."</li>";
        }
        echo "</ul>";
        echo "</div>";
    }
    //Success block
    if(count($successes) > 0)
    {
        echo "<div class='alert alert-success alert-dismissible' role='alert'>
        <button type='button' class='close' data-dismiss='alert' aria-label='Close'><span aria-hidden='true'>&times;</span></button>
        <ul>";
        foreach($successes as $success)
        {
            echo "<li>".$success."</li>";
        }
        echo "</ul>";
        echo "</div>";
    }
}
</pre>

The logout link on the left nav bar got me right away. lol I suggest moving it to the bottom of the nav bar.

How about setting up an automated feature for the "For security reasons, you need to change your reCAPTCHA key." message. That way folks don't have to dig to remove the message.

Can you put the "2016 Your Copyright Here" in the Admin Site Config? Make it a little easier for admin to update.

Overall I really like what you have! Looks good!
I love the feedback and I'll start rolling that stuff in! Thank you.

I really think I'm going to ditch the whole left navbar altogether. It doesn't really play well with the responsive design and so much of that stuff could just be moved to the top and it would wind up working well on every site. With that, I could get rid of all the alternate page layouts and just let people start with something cleaner.

What do you think?
Btw, I have a pretty busy weekend, but I would expect this and some new default security settings and bug fixes to roll out Monday/Tuesday.
On sm (mobile) page size I loose all of the nav bar links. There is a way to get a toggle button. I was able to do it on my site in my admin panel.

I personally like the drop-downs in the top nav bar, but I am not everyone. lol You could go either way and it would be great.

I just noticed that the login page does not require the user to check the reCAPCHA box.
Ahh. You definitely caught a reCAPTCHA bug. I'll get on that.

I'm working on getting the upper nav menu to work better. I'm playing with that right now. I'm pretty sure I can fix all of that by Monday or Tuesday. I think I'm going to setup the Hamburger menu by default too. That should clean that up ASAP.

Keep the bugs coming. I'm not one of those people who is offended by that sort of stuff. I may not be able to come up with a solution by myself, but I think as a community we can build something pretty great.
If you want to check out where I'm going with the Navbar, you can overrwrite your top-nav.php with the code from here...
http://hastebin.com/vekugicela.xml

You also have to change line 60 in sb-admin.css to color: #fbfafa;

For some reason I could not override that with style tags in the actual document.
After looking at this, this system makes the blue "account info" button redundant. I'm really going to work at cleaning up the bazillion pages that are related to account info. I'll probably release what I have first, but that's soon on the agenda. I'm hoping to roll all this and some bug fixes out soon and then really work on cleaning up code with every release.
I forgot to tell you, DaVaR that the captcha key nag already automatically goes away if you change the key. It's just an if statement in the footer looking for that default key.

I've also rolled all the db, captcha, stripe, and copyright settings into one single settings.php file to make it easier to change the important stuff. That will go out on 3.0.2