The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync problems using Facebook, Google logins during site testing?
We are about to begin testing a new UserSpice-based site. If we add users who use an external authentication system like Facebook or Google, will there by any problems if we later decide to blow that UserSpice database away and create a new one. I have a feeling that there will be times during the debugging of the site that it will be best to just start with a fresh database.

Will Facebook and Google complain when those users try to sign up "again"? Do we need to use new Facebook/Google API keys when we do this?
i dont think you’ll have an issue other than users having to authenticate again but then that may register them as a new user, but that wouldnt matter if you’ve nuked the database anyway, you shouldnt be working on a live install any how, just setup a test install and test fb and google app and give it some heavy testing with dummy users, but thanks for the question as i now have that on my list lol
Firestorm is correct, it shouldn't have any effect on your logins. It happens quite often with all OAuth applications and all that Google or Facebook does is reauthenticate the user with a new token that you'll store in your fresh database. Tokens will naturally expire over time if unused, so someone who doesn't log in for a certain amount of time (60 days for Facebook) would have to reauthenticate anyway.
This is interesting! Have you also heard about facebook ads management? I was stunned to know about it earlier because after that I opted for some great services by them that led to increased traffic on my business website and a sudden growth in the SERPs.