The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

UserSpice
Gmail SMTP Mailer - Printable Version

+- UserSpice (https://userspice.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://userspice.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: Documentation (https://userspice.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Gmail SMTP Mailer (/showthread.php?tid=419)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Gmail SMTP Mailer - Brandin - 01-05-2017

Hey guys!

FYI, if you are trying to use Gmail with the PHP mailer, you have to comment out line 115,
Code:
$mail->isSMTP();
or the mail will fail to send! Took me awhile to figure this one out!

Thanks.

Gmail SMTP Mailer - mudmin - 01-08-2017

That's weird. I have to take a look at that. I only use gmail on mine. Thanks for the tip!

Gmail SMTP Mailer - Brandin - 01-08-2017

It was very odd. I had to do some goggling with the error it provided me, and that was the result somebody came up with. I used the query "phpmailer error gmail smtp" or something like that. I'll look back and see what I can find and post it.

Gmail SMTP Mailer - Brandin - 01-15-2017

FYI:
Code:
users/helpers/helpers.php
around line 115 is where you edit this at.

Gmail SMTP Mailer - mudmin - 01-26-2017

This is the craziest thing @Brandin. I've been using this for months exactly like it was and all of a sudden I wasn't getting system emails. Commenting out line 115 fixed it. Crazy. You saved me a ton of time. THANK YOU!

Gmail SMTP Mailer - Brandin - 01-26-2017

No problem! Glad I could finally give you a solution Wink I struggled a lot because I use Google Apps, and my cPanel server was producing 550 errors when trying to use phpmail because technically the server didn't own the mail server as I used Google Apps, so I had to do some crazy changes, which I'll have to dig out and post! But yeah, I think it has to do with the only protocol on smtp.googlemail.com or whatever smtp.* URL you use, is SMTP, so defining a protocol can hurt it.

Gmail SMTP Mailer - eeverts - 01-27-2017

This same solution did help me on another hosted web project, with local smtp.

Gmail SMTP Mailer - eeverts - 01-27-2017

Quote:Comment out $mail->isSMTP(); in
users/helpers/helpers.php around line 115...

This same solution did help me on another hosted web project, with local smtp.

Evert

Gmail SMTP Mailer - picassoo - 02-12-2017

I fix all the google and FB email server, and I test end is good. next update userspice you will have nice interface Tongue

Gmail SMTP Mailer - Brandin - 08-26-2017

@Mudmin - did we deploy a "fix" for this if there is one? Can we do something about if the host == this we don't have that?