The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gmail SMTP Mailer
Hey guys!

FYI, if you are trying to use Gmail with the PHP mailer, you have to comment out line 115,
Code:
$mail->isSMTP();
or the mail will fail to send! Took me awhile to figure this one out!

Thanks.
That's weird. I have to take a look at that. I only use gmail on mine. Thanks for the tip!
It was very odd. I had to do some goggling with the error it provided me, and that was the result somebody came up with. I used the query "phpmailer error gmail smtp" or something like that. I'll look back and see what I can find and post it.
FYI:
Code:
users/helpers/helpers.php
around line 115 is where you edit this at.
This is the craziest thing @Brandin. I've been using this for months exactly like it was and all of a sudden I wasn't getting system emails. Commenting out line 115 fixed it. Crazy. You saved me a ton of time. THANK YOU!
No problem! Glad I could finally give you a solution Wink I struggled a lot because I use Google Apps, and my cPanel server was producing 550 errors when trying to use phpmail because technically the server didn't own the mail server as I used Google Apps, so I had to do some crazy changes, which I'll have to dig out and post! But yeah, I think it has to do with the only protocol on smtp.googlemail.com or whatever smtp.* URL you use, is SMTP, so defining a protocol can hurt it.
This same solution did help me on another hosted web project, with local smtp.

Quote:Comment out $mail->isSMTP(); in
users/helpers/helpers.php around line 115...

This same solution did help me on another hosted web project, with local smtp.

Evert
I fix all the google and FB email server, and I test end is good. next update userspice you will have nice interface Tongue
@Mudmin - did we deploy a "fix" for this if there is one? Can we do something about if the host == this we don't have that?