The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icons not displaying
I have a large platform site distributed over several servers which has been in development for 7 years.  Originally it was done in Usercake 2, the updated to 3, then User Frosting.  I'm now going to convert the entire system to Spice prior to launch.

Just for simplicity, I dumped a server and installed Spice 4.4.  It took about 3 minutes, and was totally painless.  Great job guys!

My problem is that none of the icons are appearing in any of my dashboards.  It looks as though Font Awesome is not loading correctly.  Everything else works great.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I need to get spice working correctly empty before I bulk update and transfer the approximately 600 php files that are the actual site files, and rebuild all of my custom forms.  Once this is working, I'll need to repeat on all the rest of the servers.

Thanks in advance for all of your help,
Jim ...
Try linking to the style sheet directly in usersc/includes/head_tags.php

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.css">

Let me know if that works and if not I will try to figure something else out
There is one other option and I'm wondering if you are using the built-in glyphicons from bootstrap 3 in a bs4 template. The user spice update moved all these things to font awesome but if for some reason you have custom things they may be still using the old icon styles.
Updating the head tags worked great, thanks! One more quick question... we have our own CDN and serve all of our content ourselves locally to reduce our network load. Can I just serve them from either a local folder on the machine, or our CDN? I know I will have to track the updates manually, but that is pretty much norm. Also, what other packages are served from 3rd party CDN's that we can server locally?

Thanks again,

Jim ...

(07-03-2019, 10:46 PM)jimoffertim Wrote: Updating the head tags worked great, thanks!  One more quick question... we have our own CDN and serve all of our content ourselves locally to reduce our network load.  Can I just serve them from either a local folder on the machine, or our CDN?  I know I will have to track the updates manually, but that is pretty much norm.  Also, what other packages are served from 3rd party CDN's that we can server locally?

Thanks again,

Jim ...

Spoke too soon.  Worked great on the user panel, but not on the admin dashboard.  Where are the head tags for the admin panel?

Thanks again and sorry to be a pain,
Jim ...