The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US4 Logins usernames v email address
Hi Jamie! Thanks for using UserSpice and for the kind words.

The original thought behind switching to usernames is that it obscures the email address and prevents people from trying to do an unauthorized password reset and it also gives a slight protection for people who use the same passwords at a bunch of sites. That is all VERY slight a major benefit.

My developer friend from the UK (astropos) and I are planning on at minimum giving you the option of being able to toggle a switch in the back to allow EITHER login with username or password or possibly the ability to just enter either one.

After spending a few months solid on UserSpice, I wound up moving (and getting a new job) on very short notice, so I took a few weeks off of active development, but I'm back at the saddle again and hoping to push these features out in 4.1 in a few weeks. The good news is that it should be a pretty painless upgrade.

Messages In This Thread
US4 Logins usernames v email address - by JamJar - 03-17-2016, 05:32 AM
US4 Logins usernames v email address - by mudmin - 03-18-2016, 01:32 PM
US4 Logins usernames v email address - by JamJar - 03-18-2016, 05:54 PM
US4 Logins usernames v email address - by mudmin - 03-19-2016, 04:47 PM