The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incremental Membership Number instead of Username?
Really interesting; I hadn't even considered a cron job.

My thoughts had been going along the lines of calculating a concatenation of the year + month + day + increment starting at 100 which would happen when the DB record is created. But 'm not sure that's even possible.

It wouldn't really matter about resetting the trailing number as I doubt we'd ever get more than 150 registering on the same day, so the date prefix would guarantee the uniqueness. Part of my logic is that it would be easy to work out when their subscription is due even if you were nowhere near a computer (e.g. at the annual conference).

As a corollary question, how easy would it be to replace the dependence on the username in the out-of-the-box version? It seems like you can't do anything without creating it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Incremental Membership Number instead of Username? - by Moomintroll - 08-23-2018, 12:58 PM