The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings (and a question about user access)
Hi there, my name is Tommy. I've been asked to set up a website for a neighbourhood for them to share news, events, etc. and they have asked for it to be controlled by username / password passed out to residents. So far I have UserSpice up and running, when users login they are redirected to the website as planned. However, I have found that if I know the URL I am able to access the website without logging in (using incognito mode, for example).

I've tried adding the recommended lines for this as php in the html header using something like
<?php
require_once ‘../users/init.php’;  //make sure this path is correct!
require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.’users/includes/template/prep.php’;
require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.’usersc/templates/’.$settings->template.’/header.php’; //custom template header
require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.’usersc/templates/’.$settings->template.’/navigation.php’; //custom template nav
require_once $abs_us_root.$us_url_root.’usersc/templates/’.$settings->template.’/container_open.php’; //custom template container
if (!securePage($_SERVER[‘PHP_SELF’])){die();}
?>

But when the browser reads the file the php lines appear as comments (only in the browser, opening the file on the server displays the code correctly). I don't really know what to do with it and don't have enough general understanding of php to make things work. If anyone can point me to a simple tutorial for blocking off web-directories using php (or UserSpice) I'd love to hear about it.

Messages In This Thread
Greetings (and a question about user access) - by TommyKay - 01-24-2019, 01:39 AM