The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hierarchical Priviledges
Thank you for you work on the framework.

I appreciate your work on the framework. I really do.  I notice that currently  it is possible to add new privilege levels, so for instance (following the default implementation with user-admin level) we may have:
  • Cleric
  • Administrator
  • Candidate
  • Fresher
  • Graduate
  • Lecturer

However it does not seem to be possible to have (E.g.) "../users/account.php" page as a private page available to multiple user levels and it seems I can only add one user level at the time.

One option would be to consider that all these user levels are actually sub-level of "user" and create another table to allow the definitions of these. However, this seems a hack around your neat implementation and management of privileges using the Admin interface.

If I wanted one page (e.g.) "../usersc/lecture.php" to be private and available only to freshers, graduate and lecturer but not to candidates how do I achieve that without modifying the logic of your priviledge check?

I was trying to reverse engineer your permission check but then I thought I ask as maybe I have picked up the wrong end of the stick with this problem.

(03-22-2019, 03:30 PM)artoo80 Wrote: Thank you for you work on the framework.

I appreciate your work on the framework. I really do.  I notice that currently  it is possible to add new privilege levels, so for instance (following the default implementation with user-admin level) we may have:
  • Cleric
  • Administrator
  • Candidate
  • Fresher
  • Graduate
  • Lecturer

However it does not seem to be possible to have (E.g.) "../users/account.php" page as a private page available to multiple user levels and it seems I can only add one user level at the time.

One option would be to consider that all these user levels are actually sub-level of "user" and create another table to allow  the definitions of these.  However, this seems a hack around your neat implementation and management of privileges using the Admin interface.  

If I wanted one page (e.g.) "../usersc/lecture.php" to be private and available only to freshers, graduate and lecturer but not to candidates how do I achieve that without modifying the logic of your priviledge check?

I was trying to reverse engineer your permission check but then I thought I ask as maybe I have picked up the wrong end of the stick with this problem.

Like I said " I got the wrong end of the stick". You can set multiple privileges to users instead of doing so for pages. It makes sense.

Then I guess it will be easy to figure out how to set up features in the page that maybe drawn only in case a user has a specific priviledge.
ERROR: Root device mounted successfully, but /sbin/init does not exist.
Bailing out, you are on your own. Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
Hierarchical Priviledges - by artoo80 - 03-22-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: Hierarchical Priviledges - by Brandin - 03-23-2019, 11:49 AM