The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I always get a little worried...
When choosing software new software to put in a 'production' (if you will) environment. It's not that I don't do it very often, because I (used too anyways, but I am slowing curbing that habit) do it frequently. The real issue is my first experience with the software during my r&d honeymoon phase.

So no shit, there I was (or here I am) looking to build some software from scratch because 'boxed' software has gotten to big, to messy, to out of control and it tries to do too damn much which makes is overly complex (a la the Microsoft stack (or whatever is your bane(sp?))). I don't always have the time, resources, patience or brains for that matter to do everything myself from scratch. So, I decided (can you start a sentence with 'so'?) to build a project (lamp stack) from the ground up and I need a user manager. I might need a fancy schmancy reporting module at some point but I am going to see if I can make it without one. After 5 minutes of searching (so much for r&d) I ended up here. Actually I was on something called cake or frosting or something but regardless.

Here are my first worries...

The new account activation from this site was in my spam folder... which I assume is just from doing some funky MX handling or routing through a personal email account. No biggie I guess.

The first time I tried to set the password it didn't work (maybe user error, it's like 5am here)

When I set the password (the first time that it didn't work) I went back and used the same link in the email and it let me do it again? Does that link reset my password indefinately. <- why does that word have a red squiggly underline under it when it was the suggested spellcheck option?

Who's on first?

not a lot of posts:
- That's okay I can fix that myself, because I plan on posting (bitching about life and software) here 2-3 times a week, even if I am only talking to myself.

I will probably install this UserManager over the weekend and see how it goes...

-T

Messages In This Thread
I always get a little worried... - by supertony - 12-10-2015, 10:38 AM
I always get a little worried... - by mudmin - 12-10-2015, 03:29 PM
I always get a little worried... - by astropos - 01-20-2016, 10:47 PM
I always get a little worried... - by mudmin - 01-20-2016, 11:00 PM