The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom classes/pages placement without disturbing core
Yes. Sticking that sort of thing in usersc is absolutely the way to go. You can feel free to add additional files to the users folder, but changing existing ones is where you get into troubles with updating.

You can add pages wherever you want. I tend to do mine in the root below the users folder. The idea behind the users folder is it keeps all the user "junk" out of the way of your design so you have a clean space to do your own project in the root and any other subfolders you want to use (just add additional subfolders in the us_url_root or whatever it's called in the root folder). Userspice doesn't really care where you put your own folders.

You can put new classes in the classes folder and just add the include in your users/init.php file. You won't have any issues with that because we can't patch your init file without breaking the whole project, so if anything needs the be patched there, that's something you have to do.

I hope that helps.

Messages In This Thread
Custom classes/pages placement without disturbing core - by mudmin - 05-25-2017, 01:59 PM