The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install issues - Install Path vs. Web root directory vs. Server-Document Root
Hello,

My development environment:

Windows 7
web server via WAMP install:
Apache 2.4.23
Php 5.6.25
MySql 5.7.14

Yesterday I installed UserSpice on my dev environment. Below are the steps I followed:

1. I added a new folder to serve as my root directory for the new web. Added folder 'Reservations' to my c:/webs/ directory.
2. Using Apache, created a new alias to go to this new web via the url: http://localhost/reservations/
3. Created a new MySQL Db with name Reservations.

This makes my file directory 'c:/webs/Reservations' and my root web directory 'localhost/reservations/'. So if I open a browser and type 'localhost/reservations/' in the address bar, I will be served the web content in 'c:/webs/Reservations'.

4. I extracted the UserSpice 4.2 into the 'c:/webs/Reservations' folder.
5. I opened a browser and typed 'localhost/reservations/'.
  • The InstallSpice 0.1a page appears.
  • The System Requirement Checks are all Green
  • The Additional Recommended Settings are all Green

6. I click the 'Continue >>' button.
The Path Settings page appears. It indicates that the system detects that i have installed this software in... C\webs\Reservations\, which is true.
It also indicates that if the system acts weird after install I may need to edit the users/init.php file. Which is also true, stay tuned.

7. I click the red 'Save Settings' button and I'm taken to the Database setup page.
8. Next I enter my db host, user, pass and name. No problem here.
9. I click the green 'Test Setting' button.
The system churns for a bit while it is creating the tables in the db then notifies me the db connection was successful and the tables were imported? successfully.

10. I click the red 'Save Settings >>' button and am taken to the Step 4/ Timezone/ReCaptcha settings page.
11. I add my timezone, add the demo keys and copyright message and click the green 'Test Settings' button.
The system shows the ReCaptcha, I test it, it works.
12. I click the red 'Save Settings' button and am taken to step 5, Cleanup.
13. I get the congratulations, I click the red 'Cleanup Install Files' button.
  • It shows the files deleted and gives a message about errors.
  • It also refers to editing the '/core/init.ini' file... which there is no core folder and no init.ini file. Maybe this message is leftover from previous versions and should be updated to users/init.php??

• It then mentions errors in deleting and references this '/core' folder again but this time refers to 'init.php'.
  • Finally at the bottom we get a link to the index of the web. In my case it is 'localhost/Reservations/index.php'.

14. I click the link.

Messages In This Thread
Install issues - Install Path vs. Web root directory vs. Server-Document Root - by cmo - 09-15-2017, 03:44 PM