The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
us_*.php files
Hi, I noticed in the users/includes directory, there are frontend and userspice folders with highly similar files between the two and I was wondering what are the use cases for either one? Or should we not be touching the userspice files (the ones prefixed with 'us_') so its less pain for future updates?
In version 4.0 the menus are separate for the front end vs backend. That's going away in 4.1. The header is different primarily because it allows the user to install their own custom code on front end pages without breaking core userspice functionality. It's up in the air on how that will go.
I think as long as US stays out of the way when space is a premium, then I think it'll work out if the US frontend remains either a sub sandwich (long and skinny, out of the way) or the hamburger (squished into the corner).

With the current method of users being able to override and restyle US elements with CSS files means that as long as it looks pretty and is functional, I don't think many will complain about not having separate front and backend files.
ok, understandable. thanks.
and seems like there's a lot of changes and additions coming for 4.1, looking forward to it!