The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I install UserSpice
Each version of UserSpice is different as we are migrating farther and farther from the original UserCake code base. Be sure to check the archive you downloaded for a file called _instructions.txt for full install and upgrade instructions. Notice there is also an _if_install_fails.txt to allow you to manually install UserSpice should the auto installer fail.
You can also check out this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDIiy_mh...MY&index=1
Install went well. Databases are created. Install folder deleted. I can't create a user though.
it just dumps when i hit submit, no feedback. No entry in the database.
It's live here:
http://doolang.com/metabolic/
I reinstalled. database dropped and created again. that all went well just like in the movie.

still doesn't let me create a user. I opened sql.zip and added the user in the dump. users are there in phpmyadmin and still can't log in or create a new user.
Yeah. I tried to make an account on your site and it didn't work. I noticed that it's creating a little div at the top of the page under the menu when you register, but it's not displaying an error message or anything like that.

I will send you an email if you want to give me ftp access I can see if I can debug something.

One more thing to check if you want....
Do another install with another database in another folder and try to create an account before you play around with any of the database settings. Make sure you can login then.

Then try modifying your database defaults and doing your import to make sure that is not breaking anything.
Here's what was happening. A login or register to the form just looked like the form was refreshing and nothing was happening...and it wasn't.

User sevol graciously gave me access to his server for some debugging. I enabled some extra error reporting on the register/login forms using the code

Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL);
Code:
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

I was getting the following error...

Quote:Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0

This tells me that the fopen feature was disabled. Enabling it in the php.ini file seemed to have no affect. Adding a .htaccess with the right syntax caused an error 500 on the server. So, I added the line

Code:
ini_set("allow_url_fopen", 1);

to the top of the register and login forms. It fixed the problem on this server, and I'm currently exploring to see if that's something I should do in the main UserSpice code.

Thanks again, sevol!
I had installed UserSpice a second ago, and i had followed the yt-video to do so.
On the final seconds, the username and password on the screen do not appear correctly.
But by the audio i tried to use admin on both fields, without success.
So, first i suggest to update the video. This is important for the others users.
Next, and more important to me, what is the password? On db the content is $2y$12$1v06jm2KMOXuuo3qP7erTuTIJFOnzhpds1Moa8BadnUUeX0RV3ex. and in my experience isn't sha1, sha256 neither md5.
is
password
sry, tks
Yeah. To finish answering your question...the default is password for both user and admin. That hashing type thing you're seeing is bcrypt. The reason to use something like that vs SHA is that it introduces an intended "slowness" in decryption. This is the standard way php passwords are encrypted and this slowness makes brute force cracking attempts impractical. The other reason to use it is that changes can be made to the strength (for example, you can change that 12 to a 15 when you're encrypting the password and the decrypting software can automatically decrypt passwords that are made with the old 12 or the new 15 without any modification. I hope that makes sense.