The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struggling with 'Token Doesn't Match'
I've been running user spice without any issues, pretty solid for a couple of years.   Last night, we had a storm that knocked the power out - then the UPS ran out of battery.  When the power returned and the web server came back online, I now get the 'Token Doesn't Match' error.  So, no changes on my part and don't know what got messed when the power went out.   You can check it out here --> http://media.allegiancetitle.com.    Even the registration gives the same error.

I had this probelm once before, but have no clue how it was resolved.

Please help.  Let me know what I need to provide.

Thanks in advance!
SB
You would be getting tokens not matching when you load a second form after the first-or that your existing forms do not have the CSRF token but they are being checked. I can see however your Join form does have the Token Field, so make sure you are not generating a new one somewhere prior to the check.

Thanks,
Brandin.
(08-15-2018, 05:39 PM)Brandin Wrote: You would be getting tokens not matching when you load a second form after the first-or that your existing forms do not have the CSRF token but they are being checked. I can see however your Join form does have the Token Field, so make sure you are not generating a new one somewhere prior to the check.

Thanks,
Brandin.

Thanks Brandin,

I don't believe I am generating a new token prior to the check.   Remember, the power failure is the only thing that happened between it working and not working.   Plus, I've inherited managing this site and I'm not the best programmer at all - hardly one at that.    I did try to remove the checking, but then it would just take me back to the login page.     Since it was working beautifully before, I'm trying not to make many changes.   The key for me is what did the sudden power failure do to trash the site?
Hello,

Unfortunately, the power outage, although it seems linked, would not be the cause for the Token error. Tokens are generated from within the code (and yours is doing so as I've checked the frontend via Developer Tools) and then should be checked near the beginning of POST or die. What UserSpice version are you using?

Thank you,
Brandin.
I was on an older one - 4.1.8b Here's what's going on now. I decided to start over on a different dedicated webserver. So, I downloaded the current version and ran through the install steps - version 4.3.25. Then I exported the data from the old database into the new database. I only exported/imported the fields that were actually used in the users table. (that might have been a problem). The data imported into the new database without errors, but now when I try to login I get a page error that says "too many redirects". Clearing cache doesn't help.

Kinda feel like an idiot 'cause I really barely know what I'm doing. I still have the old site intact, as well as the new site that worked until I imported users.
You will need to manually upgrade your old install. The reason being so many database changes have occurred that would be causing the too many redirects.
Got it all taken care of. Started from 4.1.8 and worked my way up to the current version. All good!
Thanks Brandin!