The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any way to disable bios?
Hi

I don't want my users to be able to see the full list of registered users - it's a privacy issue [1]. I could edit the user profile pages, but an upgrade could easily change them back (and yes, I can make them read only, but even so there's no guarantee the filename won't change...), so I'd be happier knowing there's an option for it. Is there?

Jon

[1] Anyone who knows the US structure can guess their way to https://userspice.com/bugs/users/view_all_users.php for eg.
Jon,

1) Thank you for sending the Bugs link, I've gone ahead and disabled that there, I thought I had already.

2) The best way I can suggest to disable it is to turn profile.php, view_all_users.php and edit_profile.php as Private with no Roles assigned-or just remove the files.

Thank you,
Brandin.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd settled on for the time being Smile

Thanks Brandin. And kudos to you guys on being so responsive.
I'm guessing you want to do the same thing with view_all_users.php (these files will be optional in future updates and will probably be plugins).

If you really want to be thorough, you can copy account.php to usersc/account.php and delete the link for editing the bio.
Yup, I did. I don't really like doing that - always possible an update may overwrite those files, or a completely different file may reintroduce functionality I'm trying to remove. Or I might simply screw up, like I did before Smile

A plugin would be ideal. Quite a lot of US components looks like they'd be well suited to that approach. Definite upvote for that idea!
As far as the reintroduce functionality you're trying to remove, that's kind of the point of the usersc folder. In general, you're forking that file at the point you copy it to usersc and it really doesn't matter what we update after that.

It's kind of funny because bios were an oft-requested feature in the early days and when they were introduced (pre usersc days), it was just sort of "this is how you could add this sort of feature yourself." But then it became a core feature. We're backpedaling on that sort of thing a little bit.