The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UserSpice Stable (Standard?) and UserSpice Pro
Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm glad you're liking UserSpice. I feel that it is a really cool development tool and that we haven't even scratched the surface of what it can do.

For features.
1. Yes! Before the release of 4.1, I'm going to add in the ability to login with the admin's choice of username vs email. There was a debate about whether or not one of them was "more secure" but I think the admin's preference should win out.

2. I totally agree on the social media integration. The thing I've figured out in researching that is that most of the code to build those integrations is not designed for redistributed apps (like UserSpice). It's made for people adding something like OAUTH2 to their own project. So, lots of things like keys need to be set on the end installer's end to make the authentication stuff not freak out. As such, once we get 4.1 released as stable, I'd like to offer these things as plugins with good instructions. So, people who want these features can have them, but they won't get in the way for people who don't. We found out that lots of people misconfigured their reCaptcha and it actually became a barrier to people using UserSpice, so we turned it off by default.

3. I like the multi tenancy idea. I can see what it would take to do that for 4.1. The good news is that we hardly ever touch the db in our upgrade process and if we do, it's usually adding tables/columns, so you could feel pretty safe adding those columns manually. I'll think through that one.

Messages In This Thread
UserSpice Stable (Standard?) and UserSpice Pro - by mudmin - 05-11-2016, 11:39 AM