The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UserSpice 3.0.2 Released
There were some fairly significant code changes in version 3.0.2 and a fix of a reCAPTCHA bug. It's recommended that everyone upgrade to 3.0.2.

### 3.0.2 - 2015-12-15
### Changed
- Removed the sidebar for better responsive design
- Created a simple/responsive account-nav.php menu that will be prettier in the next version.
- Moved all important settings to settings.php (DB, Captcha, Stripe, Copyright Message) - Thanks DaVaR for the idea
- Created a homepage on index.php to point new users in the right direction
- Restyled error and success messages - Thanks to DaVar
- Fixed reCAPTCHA bypass bug caused by my dumb mistake. Better reCAPTCHA success/fail statements coming
* Better default permissions will come with the next version, so make sure to set your permission levels for each page
I finally got around to uploading your new update to my server....

On your install page, I suggest setting up an already installed check. Make sure that when a user updates that they don't overwrite previous data and settings. Also with that check in place, you could make it easier to detect if the user is updating or not. That way if you make database changes you can create an update file that does not alter their settings, but make the necessary additions or deletions.

That's something I plan on working into my build in the near future.

Here is the code I used to check the database to see if database is already installed:
<pre>
Code:
// Check to make sure database is not already installed.  If so then remind user to delete the install folder.
$tableExists = $DBH->query("SHOW TABLES LIKE '".$db_table_prefix."configuration'");
if($tableExists->rowCount()>0){
    echo 'It looks like your database is already installed!';
    echo "<br><br>";
    echo "Make sure to delete the install folder!";
}else{
    // Database not installed yet, let's install!

}
</pre>

I still get this message:
For security reasons, you need to change your reCAPTCHA key.

I think your missing an equal sign here (footer.php)...
Code:
if($publickey = "6LenGxITAAAAAImPQkqg_xBC0ZnGvopGa3jeP7S7")
should be...
Code:
if($publickey == "6LenGxITAAAAAImPQkqg_xBC0ZnGvopGa3jeP7S7")

On the Admin Configuration Page, Template Drop-down, Is that right? Or are you still working on that?

Otherwise everything looks good!
Keep the updates coming! Smile
As DaVar said above about the '=='
Also, in the settings.php The variables for the $publickey dont match. So that will still continue till fixed Smile
Hello,

Found an issue after logging in. Getting a warning error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent..." on login.php. Do I have a setting wrong?

I got it working by:

1. Moving the code for top-nav.php include somewhere below the header("Location: account.php") line.

2. Removing the recaptcha javascript file call from recaptcha.config.php and placed it there as well in login.php, below the header() code.

Not sure if that was the best way. Please advise. Also was this the correct topic to report issues?

Thanks!
Awesome... thank you so much for the feedback. I am on vacation at the moment but I'm planning on rewriting the install procedure from scratch when I get back. As far as the head of stuff I know I did a ton of moving some of that stuff around in the last few releases and thank you for catching that. I didn't realize I broke something. I should have assumed it. I love the feedback. Keep it coming.
Thumbs up for new look & feel. I have install the new version at localserver (using XAMPP) manage to create admin user but fail to create user in the hosting server. Get blank page after click button Register. Pls. help.
@aliahjn - That is probably the problem I ran into. I believe it's the header() issue I described previously.
Hello! I like to report another issue. The forget password functionailty was not generating the correct encryption in the database. I could not log in after I was sent a new password. I looked in forget-password.php and you had commented out the PASSWORD_BCRYPT one. So I uncommented that and seems to be working now. Like this:

<pre>
Code:
//$secure_pass = generateHash($rand_pass); //Generate random hash
$secure_pass = password_hash($rand_pass, PASSWORD_BCRYPT, array('cost' => 12));
</pre>

Please advise.

Also it looks like there is a function that logs the user's forgot password requests. Doesn't seem to be logging.

flagLostPasswordRequest($userdetails["user_name"],0)

Should that be 1 instead of 0?

Thank you!
@mudmin - Thanks! I was able to fix the password by uncommenting the code in forget-password.php, and doing the Forget Password action again through the website. Sent me a corrected password and was able to log in. Feel better!
Ahh. Thank you! That seems like a pretty straightforward fix. I'm sure I commented that out for testing purposes. Dumb.

I'll take a look at the logging feature too.

I came down with some food poisoning over the holidays and am just becoming vertical. I should be able to fix that and some of the other stuff tomorrow. I expect pretty active development to really kick in first of the year, but I should be able to fix some of these bugs before then. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the feedback!