The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stored Procedures / Routines + general US startup questions
Thanks for looking at this Brandin.

The function I added to the DB class:
Code:
public function nextRowset(){
       if(!($this->_query->nextRowset())) return [];

return $this->_query->fetchALL(PDO::FETCH_OBJ);
   }

is to allow access to  the second result set (and any further) returned from my stored procedure. As the $this->_query object/var is private to DB class I cannot call the pdo nextRowset() function on the $result variable in my code when using $result = $db->query(....etc.

The function I posted second was just my example of how I use the function added to the DB class. This is in one of my misc files somewhere:
Code:
private function my_fn($amount){

$result = $db->query("CALL MY_PROC(?,?,?)",array($user->data()->id,$amount,NULL));

$result_A = $result->results();
 $result_B = $result->nextRowset(); // <-- added to DB class

var_dump($result_A, $result_B);
 exit();
}

For completeness, my stored proc essentially ends like this:
Code:
proc:BEGIN

-- GENERATE AND INSERT to TABLES

SELECT * from table_a WHERE ID = last_insert_id(); -- result set A

SELECT * from table_b WHERE guid LIKE concat(@guid_begin,'%'); -- result set B

END;

As i'm very rusty on my pdo (due to PEAR) I had to google to get the nextRowset() fn name, This is one of the SO pages I came across: 
SO multi query pdo

Like yourself, and mudmin, said - I think keeping track of the db.php file and re-adding my extra function if it changes is possibly the best solution for now, I've created a DB.mine file just in case.

On a separate note, I saw the vid on YT for version 4.4, looks great and looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stored Procedures / Routines + general US startup questions - by Developer_J - 01-27-2019, 11:32 PM