The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calendar
Hello Mudmin,

Do you have any ideas about setting up a simple sort of calendar/agenda?

As the admin I'd like to be able to check or uncheck a certain day of the month at the back-end, so the front-end page shows whether there is an event on a certain date or not.

Or maybe I could fill in some dates for that year on a back-end page, which then show up on the front-page.

Do you think something like that would be possible?
Hello,
One of my (many ) current projects is making an calendar fit in userspice
I took the https://sourceforge.net/projects/php-agenda/  and began reshaping it with the sledgehammer Wink

Steps in the process:

--------  already done ------------
1- renaming the tables and fields (ready)
2- ripping out all old mysql statements / database access and converting tot PDO (ready)

---------- current items -----
3- clearing up code and functions (on-going)
4- switching the layout and forms  to Bootstrap (current )
5- making the automatic reminder stuff work (not done yet, but this must work for me)
6- adding some simple options (larger comment areas etc)

--------- future items ------
7- converting user-management tot userspice (nothing done there yet). This will probably endup in ripping out all usermanagement from this agenda-source and connecting the username tot the userspice system
8- reviewing the (simple) multi-user capabilities of the agenda (no thing done there yet, not my primary goal)
I was thinking like that everybody can mark an item in it's own agenda as public so that it shows on everybodys agenda.

Further more it is my goal to have an Raspberry Pi or Arduine fitted central on a wall in my living that displays the upcoming events. On monday it displays a large red screen that the trashcan should be put out side etc. and reminder for birthdays etc.

I have no idea when it's finished.
(03-02-2019, 02:14 PM)yoyo Wrote: Hello,
One of my (many ) current projects is making an calendar fit in userspice
I took the https://sourceforge.net/projects/php-agenda/  and began reshaping it with the sledgehammer Wink

Steps in the process:

--------  already done ------------
1- renaming the tables and fields (ready)
2- ripping out all old mysql statements / database access and converting tot PDO (ready)

---------- current items -----
3- clearing up code and functions (on-going)
4- switching the layout and forms  to Bootstrap (current )
5- making the automatic reminder stuff work (not done yet, but this must work for me)
6- adding some simple options (larger comment areas etc)

--------- future items ------
7- converting user-management tot userspice (nothing done there yet). This will probably endup in ripping out all usermanagement from this agenda-source and connecting the username tot the userspice system
8- reviewing the (simple) multi-user capabilities of the agenda (no thing done there yet, not my primary goal)
I was thinking like that everybody can mark an item in it's own agenda as public so that it shows on everybodys agenda.

Further more it is my goal to have an Raspberry Pi or Arduine fitted central on a wall in my living that displays the upcoming events. On monday it displays a large red screen that the trashcan should be put out side etc. and reminder for birthdays etc.

I have no idea when it's finished.

Thank you yoyo, I can't wait to see what you come up with Smile
(03-13-2019, 09:53 AM)LBC Wrote: Thank you yoyo, I can't wait to see what you come up with Smile

I've been shoveling around in the code for a lot of days again.

-Ripped out all the banned-users active/inactive-users guests functions.
-Also reorganizing the code in seperate processing / formbuild / database functionality.
-Switched to the PHPmailer code for the daily reminders.
-The "forgot password - mail a new one" option is working now.
-Almost all is in bootstrap now.

-Some specific agenda and todolist coloring is customizable.

-Every user has its own agenda-events and todolist-items.
-The user can make its agenda-event public (visible to all users).
-The user can make its agenda-event public editable (for all users).
-The user can put one or more reminders to his events.
-The user can put one or more reminders to the public event of another user.

-The user can mark an event as an deadline for more attention (countdown days)

-The user can priorytize his todolist-items (colorcoding)

-The agenda-admin can couple an user to a Userspice user

Most of the stuf is working now but there is still quite some debugging to be done.

And I have to think about a way how the agenda-login can be skipped when a coupled user is already logged in userspice.
In the screenshot I have anonimized myself with brown striping. Tongue 

Wow, that looks like a pretty extensive Agenda/Calendar! You have your work cut out for you Smile
The problem is that I already use it now and think of new features.
For example there is this function to add repeating events. It generates as much events as you want with an interval that you  choose.
But there is no link between the events once they are generated

So you are 20 years young and estimate you and your girlfriend will live for at least a 100 years.
And you put your Heart girlfriends Heart birthday for 80 years in the calendar.
But when you are just 20 you are not aware of the maliciousness of women   Big Grin
Quote:Death of the seven year itch: Average relationship is now just 2 years and 9 months... and social media is to blame

So after 3 years you have to manually get rid of 77 birthday events, probably also another 77 of your former-(to-be)-mother in law.

Thats why I am currently making some lasting couplings between those repeating events.