The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hierarchical Priviledges
Thank you for you work on the framework.

I appreciate your work on the framework. I really do.  I notice that currently  it is possible to add new privilege levels, so for instance (following the default implementation with user-admin level) we may have:
  • Cleric
  • Administrator
  • Candidate
  • Fresher
  • Graduate
  • Lecturer

However it does not seem to be possible to have (E.g.) "../users/account.php" page as a private page available to multiple user levels and it seems I can only add one user level at the time.

One option would be to consider that all these user levels are actually sub-level of "user" and create another table to allow the definitions of these. However, this seems a hack around your neat implementation and management of privileges using the Admin interface.

If I wanted one page (e.g.) "../usersc/lecture.php" to be private and available only to freshers, graduate and lecturer but not to candidates how do I achieve that without modifying the logic of your priviledge check?

I was trying to reverse engineer your permission check but then I thought I ask as maybe I have picked up the wrong end of the stick with this problem.

(03-22-2019, 03:30 PM)artoo80 Wrote: Thank you for you work on the framework.

I appreciate your work on the framework. I really do.  I notice that currently  it is possible to add new privilege levels, so for instance (following the default implementation with user-admin level) we may have:
  • Cleric
  • Administrator
  • Candidate
  • Fresher
  • Graduate
  • Lecturer

However it does not seem to be possible to have (E.g.) "../users/account.php" page as a private page available to multiple user levels and it seems I can only add one user level at the time.

One option would be to consider that all these user levels are actually sub-level of "user" and create another table to allow  the definitions of these.  However, this seems a hack around your neat implementation and management of privileges using the Admin interface.  

If I wanted one page (e.g.) "../usersc/lecture.php" to be private and available only to freshers, graduate and lecturer but not to candidates how do I achieve that without modifying the logic of your priviledge check?

I was trying to reverse engineer your permission check but then I thought I ask as maybe I have picked up the wrong end of the stick with this problem.

Like I said " I got the wrong end of the stick". You can set multiple privileges to users instead of doing so for pages. It makes sense.

Then I guess it will be easy to figure out how to set up features in the page that maybe drawn only in case a user has a specific priviledge.
ERROR: Root device mounted successfully, but /sbin/init does not exist.
Bailing out, you are on your own. Good luck!
Hi Artoo!

It seems as if you've enabled Page Permission Restrictions which only allows you to have one role with permissions per page. That is useful if you don't want overlapping permissions and your levels dictate the extra permissions a user gets. I would disable this in settings if you want to accomplish what you are overviewing.

Thank you,
Brandin.