The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database connection unsuccessful
I am getting this version....

Version 4.1.8c

...when I click on the 4.2 link on the download page. Shouldn't I be getting 4.2?
I wonder if your browser is caching your download because when I click those buttons I'm taken to https://github.com/mudmin/UserSpice4/archive/master.zip which is 4.2.1f at the moment.
it very well could be but shouldnt if his internet is working right

if your running any form of linux at the host try

sudo apt-get install git

then git clone https://github.com/mudmin/UserSpice4.git

then sudo mv UserSpice4 /var/www/html

then navigate to your domain name/ip and add /UserSpice$/install/index.php

this i can do i assume you have a ssh connection to your serverhost

you may need sudo yum or what ever depending on your linux version for the install of git if it isnt already installed
I removed 4.1.8c. My browser was indeed caching my download. However, after uploading the new files, version 4.2.1f. The same exact problem is continuing. I have had my host look at this problem before, however I just received this back from them....

Further checking the below given file is missing in your installer and unable to save settings.

/install/install/js/vendor/modernizr-2.8.3-respond-1.4.2.min.js
Hmm. That's definitely a bug. It's the second bug I've seen today that's been there for a while but has not caused any problems until now.

Go into the file
install/install/includes/header.php and delete line 22 and see if that fixes the problem.

Still Database connection unsuccessful.
Would you mind telling me the name of your hosting provider?

It is almost always bad credentials that cause this error. Have you setup a database on this server before?

Sometimes the hostname is not localhost/127.0.0.1. On Dreamhost, it's something like mysql.mydomain.com. Absolutely knowing your host name is important.

Step 2 is your database name. Some systems use your username as a prefix, so even though you create a db called us your system could call that cjm_us

Step 3 your username may be the same thing.

Step 4. You have to know your password.

Finally, not all systems automatically create a database user when they create a new database. It is also possible to have a database and a user and not have them connection. I know this sounds really complicated.

Personally, I would try to create a new database (ideally with some sort of wizard) to make sure that you absolutely know all the associated information.
One other tip. If your host provides "one click installs" of something like Joomla or wordpress, you could do one of those installs, and then go into those systems and download their configuration files. You can just take the username/pw/host from your joomla/wordpress install.
mudmin i wonder if java on most of the hosts hasnt updated to java 8 now from the tried and true java 7 i wonder if the java script installer that he is using is reading and interpreting the code incorrectly. if noticed alot of times the automated installers are less then reliable at times but sometimes they work with out fail its just weird
My hosting provider is Webair.com. I currently have 43 databases that I have setup over the past 16 years that I have been with them. I always create my own database credentials and set the scripts up myself.

Can you provide information for me to manually set this up without using the installer? I am still willing to troubleshoot the installation, as I plan on setting spice up on other domains.