The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't log in or register in 3.0
Hello there,

I just found out about UserSpice and it looks exactly like what I need. So I tryed to get it running on localhost to see if I can get it build into my current project. Setup worked fine but I cant register or log in. I changed the reCaptcha with my own from google and it is working as far as I can see. But when I submit the form the request times out.

Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/sit...Bf3ow63e8y in C:\xampp\htdocs\usercake\models\recaptcha.config.php on line 68

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\usercake\models\recaptcha.config.php on line 68

I tried to figure out where the problem lies but I am kind of lost at the moment.
If you have any idea I appreciate the help.

Best regards
When you say you changed the recaptcha with your own, do you mean that you changed the recaptcha key or the whole recaptcha?

Did you put your key in models/settings.php?
Also, did you generate a new set of keys -- both public and private or are you using existing ones from something else? If you haven't done that, you probably want to.
Two other things to try...if you have access to your php.ini in something like WAMP,

Increase the max_execution_time in php.ini then go to

C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.4.10.1\libraries (change path according to your installation)

open config.default.php and change value for $cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] to 0:

$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 0;

----OR----
On XAMPP
1) Go to xampp\phpMyAdmin\

2) Open config.inc.php.

3) Search for $cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 300; //whatever value is here

4) Change to 0 for unlimited or put a larger value.

5) If not found, look in xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries for config.default.php

Let me know if these fixes don't work for you ...there might be some others.
6) Search for $cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 300;

7) Change to 0 for unlimited or put a larger value.

8) Save the file and restart the server.
I'm getting the same issue.

I built my site on local and it all works fine. Upload it to the webhost and I can't login or register.

I generated both recaptcha keys and updated them in settings.php

It is correctly connecting to the database... but not logging in.
Btw, there is no error at all.. it just refreshes the page and nothing else happens.
Well I tried around a bit.
The steps you posted didn't work. But I installed UserSpice locally on my other computer at home. There it works fine.
I use the same reCaptcha Keys in both setups. Also I changed the keys not the reCaptcha itself. I generated the keys just a couple of hours before my post here.

Could it be a problem that I have a proxy working on one setup? For now I can work freely on my other setup and I have no problem there.

If I can give you any information to solving this problem. Let me know.

That's definitely weird. It's obviously some sort of server configuration issue. I'm using a very stock implementation of the google recaptcha implementation. I'm going to email you something to check
2 things I would check:

PHP version on the remote host
Differing domain name on the remote host
Php on remote host is 5.4, 5.5 or 5.6 (You can choose, and I've tried each to no avail).

I don't understand what you mean about differing domain, or why it would be an issue. I don't see any config regarding domain, tut I noticed that my config didn't have Website URL updated for the remote host, so I've now updated that, but it didn't fix the issue.